Chapter 9

×Connie's POV×

Randall still has not come out of his room since yesterday when Mom returned home. It was already 3 in the afternoon.

I paced up and down the living room, occasionally stopping to glance at the clock. Mom was in the living room with me, watching tv and packing her handbag.

She soon averted her attention to me and asked,"Sweetie? What are you doing? I'm trying to watch wheel of fortune."

"Sorry Mom. Just that... Is Randall okay? He's not down yet." I sat down next to Mom and she smiled.

"Well, go check on him then. I need to go. I am going shopping with Aunt Lucy to buy clothes for her newborn baby." She said and got off the couch. She put on her high heels and headed for the door. I heard the door slamming, telling me Mom is out on her shopping spree. I lean back on the couch and watched tv. I couldn't concentrate on the show at all. I was worried about Randall. (Connie is a worrywart.)

Should I go check? Maybe not. But I can't just do nothing.. I should go.

I told myself. I walked up the stairs and stood outside of Randall's door. I knocked on the door but there was no response.

Maybe he is asleep...

I gathered all my courage and turned the doorknob.

"Randall! Wake up...?" I yelled as I entered but stopped half-way. He was.... sweating? "Randall..?" I quietly crept closer to him and knelt down next to him.

There was really sweat forming on the forehead and trickling down his neck. I placed my palm on his forehead.

HOT! HOT! HOT!

I took my hand back immediately after touching his forehead. He's burning up!

I saw a thermometer on his desk and slipped it into his mouth to take his temperature.

38.9 degree?! He got a high fever!

"Hm..." Randall began to squirm a little and frowned. It must feel really uncomfortable.

I got up and went down to the kitchen. I got a basin and filled it up with ice water. I grabbed a cloth and went back up to his room.

I pulled a chair over to his bedside and sat down. I cleared the bedside table slightly and placed the basin down. I soaked the cloth in the basin and placed the cold cloth on his forehead.

Randall slowly stopped frowning and looked somewhat relief. I stood up and looked around his room. There was a photo frame next to the basin. I picked it up and saw a family of 3 in the picture.

That little boy in the middle must be Randall right? I brought the photo frame closer to Randall and compared. They look alike.

There was also a woman and a man in the photo. The man was carrying Randall with an arm and his other one was around the woman's waist.

Who are they? His parents? They seems like a happy family. Why did Randall move out of his house then?

I put it back and sat back down. I soaked the cloth again and placed it back on his forehead. I did it every 20 minutes as I watched him rest.

You know, in case he woke up?

I went back to my room for awhile and grabbed my phone. I could feel myself getting sleepy so I decided to watch some videos on YT. Just then, I heard Mom yelling for me downstairs.

I changed the cloth and brought the basin downstairs. Mom was back on the couch, watching 'the price is right'. She turned to face me and saw the basin in my hands.

"Sweetie, what are you doing? Are you going to splash water at Randall to wake him up?" She asked furiously.

"No! Randall has a high fever. Plus what makes you think I would do such a thing?" I defended myself.

"That's because you done it before to Aunt Paige who you tried waking up but didn't? So you splashed a bucket of water at her."

Aunt Paige... Oh now I remember! She was sleeping outside on a mat, sun-tanning. It was lunch time and Mom asked me to wake Aunt Paige up. I went out to call her in, but she didn't move one bit. I shook her but there was no use so I got a bucket of water and splashed it at her. She woke up instantly and complaint to Mom. Mom grounded me for a month and tried to calm Aunt Paige down. Until now, she still gives me a cold shoulder.

"Okay. Go eat your dinner first. I made porridge. I will go feed Randall." She took the basin from me and filled it with more ice. With another hand, she took a bowl of porridge and went upstairs. Later she came back down to take medication and a glass of water for Randall. I watched her go back up, leaving me alone at the kitchen counter, eating.

I unlocked my phone and saw 4 new messages from Joey.

"Oh my gosh! Riley n I went out yesterday n it was so much funn! -Joey"

"I think Riley's really into me. I m so happy(>^ω^<)! -Joey"

"Riley paid for the movie unlike the previous 2 guys I dated!-Joey"

"I kissed Riley yesterday and he blushed!!!! -Joey"

I was shocked by the last message. Joey kissed Riley and he blushed? Where did she kissed? Lips? Cheek? Riley blushed...? So Riley do like Joey....

I totally lost my appetite so I put down my spoon and replied her back.

"Good for you Joey↖(^▽^)↗. Im rly happy for u! ☆-Connie"

"Sweetie? Are you alright?" I hear Mom's gentle voice in front of me. I looked up. Mom was really there!

"Yeah. I'm fine and full." I got up and shoved my phone into my pocket.

"But you barely touched yours." Mom's voice sounded very worried. "Randall is fine and has eaten and taken his medication already okay? Don't worry. He's asleep."

I nodded and smiled,"Yeah. Maybe I will have some porridge later." I left the kitchen and went up to Randall's room. I sat down on the chair and sighed.

"I guess Riley does like Joey." I complained. I saw the expressions on Randall's face. He seemed worried.

"Mom.....Dad.... Don't leave me please." He mumbled softly. What?

There was tears trickling down his face as he continued to mumble under his breath,"Please...Don't leave me alone!"

Randall.... I took his hand and squeezed it tightly.

"It's okay now. I'm here." I whispered as he slowly came to a stop and smiled slightly.

I soaked his cloth and put it back on or I would the 'changing-the-cloth' cycle every 20 minutes. It was already 11pm and I don't think I can do it anymore.

I gave in to the exhaustion that was taking over my body bit by bit. Slowly, I fell asleep.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Hey! Here you go! Chapter 9! I hope you all enjoyed it☆彡! I will try to upload by probably in the next couple of weeks. One more week to one week break↖(^ω^)↗!

I will use that one week to update on my stories. Try:3 I might need to go back to school....

Holiday is like no holiday. And I got camp next next week. So I can't update. Sorry! The camp is a MUST GO for students...(TT.TT) Okay then, guys! That's all for now!

◆Stay Fabulous & Awesome~♪

-Kamix3 ☆