Chapter 27

-Connie-

It's been three months since Dad left. Everything was back to normal. Joey and Riley were still happy together, not that i minded anymore. I was pretty happy with Randall. Everything was great.

Except for one thing, Randall.

Randall have been avoiding me for the past month. Whenever i tried asking him out, he would just down right reject me, saying that he had plans and stuff. I do understand that he is busy since he takes rather content heavy modules that require a lot or memory work, but can't he spare just a minute to talk?

Thankfully, being a mentally strong woman (not), i still managed to distract myself by studying two times as hard for my finals. Good thing it paid off. My grades came out great. Although my examinations have ended, Randall's have not. Thus, my suffering continued.

But today was the 22 of October which marks the day of Randall's final paper. By the time i woke up, he had already left for school so i texted him an hour early before his paper to wish him luck and ask him if he would like to go out for dinner.

He didn't give me any reply though which was normal. He should be doing some last minute studying by now.

I laid on my bed and began to roll around due to boredom. I could call Joey but she told me she was going to have a date with Riley today.

Wouldn't want to butt in and interrupt anything now, do i?

Say....It's been a while since i went to Randall's room. Since I've been forcibly removed from his room every time i tried going in for the past 1 month, i deserve to take a little peep.  We are a couple, he shouldn't have anything to hide from me anyways.

I jumped off my bed and opened my door. I took a few steps forward and stopped in front of his door.

Just a peep wouldn't hurt right?

I twisted his doorknob and opened his door. Immediately, my head turned to the huge pile of dirty clothes at the corner of the room.

Well, it was final's period and it is Randall.

I picked up some of the books that had been thrown all over the floor and gathered them in my arms. I placed them back on his shelf and on his table.

Jesus, does this boy not know how to use a bin?

I sighed and began picking up all the litter on the floor.

Hmm, crumpled up notes... Maybe he still needs them?

I picked up the crumpled paper and started opening them up to check if it was waste or notes. The mountain of notes on his desk proceeded to collapse and fall onto the floor.

Thank you for making this even harder.

I kneeled down and started to gather them. I put them back into a pile,  lifted it back up and put it on his desk again.

Hey.. What is this?

A pink colour note was protruding out of his laptop. I opened his laptop carefully and pulled the note out.

"I, Blake Thompson, will give Randall $1000 if he is able to make the first girl he takes interest in his."

What the... hell?

The first girl he took interest in was me which means....I was toyed with. Randall was never serious about me. He knew i was an easy prey and came for me, just so that he could get the money?

I then felt knives stabbing my heart over and over again. I wanted to cry but i couldn't. Tears just wouldn't come out.

"Hey baby, what are you doing there?"