Chapter 16

◆ Connie's POV ◆

We went down to the nearby supermarket to buy groceries. Randall held my hand and squeezed it. I looked up at him, a little taken aback. He smiled and took a basket. We walked down the aisle, towards the meat section.

"Chicken or beef?" He asked, not letting go of my hand.

"Chicken." I smiled at him before bending down to take it. I put 2 packs of chicken breast in the basket. We continued shopping at the vegetable sections before picking up a bottle of detergent for Mum.

Behind us, I just feel that there's someone or people watching us. I turned back and glanced around. There were many people around, impossible to tell who was there if there was.

I tugged onto my boyfriend's arm and whispered,"Can we go somewhere more...erm quiet?" Randall looked at me and smirked.

"So eager huh, babe?"

I pulled to a quiter section, which was a dead end, with lesser people. I turned back and saw two totally obvious shadows. Somewhat familiar too.

"Hey you two. Come out." I called out, Randall still shocked at my call. The suspicious characters made their appearances and stood out from behind the shelf.

The shore bitches.

"Meg? Maggie? What are you doing here?" Randall clearly surprised.

"Shopping?"

Lies.

"Oh. That's new." Randall sounded slightly suspicious. I tugged on his sleve and gave him an uncomfortable look. He knew my relationship with 'those' kind of people. 

He nodded and apologised, "Sorry girls, we will be going first."

"Of course." They moved aside, looking slightly pissed. Randall led me out of the corner while the Shore twin watched us.

They shot me a glare each, giving me those chills. I looked down instantly, feeling intimidated.  Randall and I paid of the groceries and went back home.

While preparing dinner, Randall kept staring at me. I turned to face him and noticed him cocking to his face to the side.

"Babe. You aren't telling me something." He spoke up. He left his seat and stood next to me, leaning against the cupboards.

"What?"

Could it be that he knows about the bullying thing?

"You have became so..... Just suddenly so bold. Like when you hugged me at the fields, kissed me without me asking..."

"You... don't like it?" I was a little worried. What if Randall will dump me?

"No... That's not it. I just prefer teasing the shy you. Maybe something happened and you changed. That's why i asked."

Wow. Randall's sharp.

"Oh... I see. Nothing much happened. I thought you would like a bad ass girlfriend." I lied, but it sounded convincing.

Randall nodded and hugged me from behind. "I like you just the way you are, okay babe?" I stared at his face and nodded. He pecked me on the cheeks before pointing to the pan. "It's gonna burn."

I hurriedly looked down. The chicken became a little brownish black. Not burnt just over cooked. I put it on the plate to cool and continued to cook dinner.

Randall didn't seem to be worried anymore and left me in the kitchen as he goes out to watch tv. He switched it on and the "Wheel of fortune" was on.

Great. My favourite! (Not sarcastic)

He leaned back and tried to guess the puzzles as he watched. I was done with the meat and vegetables, only left with the rice. I left the rice cooker to do its magic and went out to watch tv. I leaned against the wall while trying to guess as well.

"Here...something..the..." Randall tried guessing the phrase.

"Here comes the sunshine." I blurted out. Randall turned back to look at me, giving me that how-the-fuck-you-guessed-that look. "That's a common phrase?" The answer was revealed and i was correct.

"I... bet I can get more than you." He mumbled at first. I shook my head and whispered him in ear, "You can't. I am basically an expert."

"Yeah? From this puzzle." A war had been declared. I turned my attention to the screen. 

A phrase. Ts. Es. Erm...

"The Big Chase!" Randall shouted out. He was right. The answer was the big chase. "See? I was right."

"So?" I sulked. I was kinda unhappy.

A name. A b came out. An A. That order.

"Bill Gates?" I said. There was only 2 letters. I didn't know it I was right. We waited for the moment of truth. I was right! The next puzzle was the last one. It determines the winner.

What are you doing?

An A appeared. Ts appeared. It was a long puzzle. A C appeared.

"Checking through a textbook!" We both yelled at the same time. We looked at each other and yelled, "Hey! I GUESSED IT FIRST!"

We continued to agrue about who was faster. We turned to the tv when they revealed the answer. "Chopping a tulip." Was the right answer. We were both wrong.

"Guess we were both wrong." He laughed. "But i still guessed it first."

"No, i did." I pushed him. He pushed me and we began to push each other. Somehow we ended up with him on top of me, pinning me down. I stared into his eyes, I don't know whether it was the lights or his eyes was darkening.

He lowered his face. I squirmed under him. "Erm. Randall.." I blushed and turned my head to the side.

"Connie.." He whispered in his low sexy voice. "Look at me.." I turned my head and faced him. He released one of my hands and used it to cup my cheeks. He leaned down....

▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀▶◀

I made Connie a bitch. I am such a bad girl. -Kamix3