Chapter 12

•Randall's POV•

'Riley Gray. What is he doing here?'

"J-Joey. What are you doing here?" I hear Connie say.

'That girl from the party.'

"Date with Riley." Joey smiled as they slowly moved to their seats. "And you...?" She hesitated for a bit.

"O-Oh. The movie is starting." She said and turned to face the screen.

That Riley. Spoiling my date with Connie.

I turned to Connie. She was glancing to her right. I peered over and saw Riley putting his arm over Joey. Naturally, I placed my arm around her and pulled her close. She turned to me with a shocked look.

"W-What are you doing?" She whispered and tried to push my arm away.

"Stop staring. Your boyfriend gets jealous too, you know...?" I pretended to sulk.

"What are... Mmh!" I cut her off by placing popcorn into her mouth. She swallowed the popcorn and crossed her arms. She faced the screen before her lips form a grin.

'Was she always that cute?" I continued to watch the movie, now that Connie wasn't concentrating on Riley. After an hour, the movie ended. Connie and Joey went to the toliet, leaving Riley and I alone.

"Settling on Connie Colls huh? Not bad but not really your type, don't you think?" Riley asked with a smirk on his face.

"Enough bullshit. What's your point?"

"Nothin'. I just wanna warn you that I might snatched her away from you. Anytime. Be careful." His smirk turned into an evil grin.

"Dude, what's your problem? Why do you have to snatch every freaking girl I date?!" I yelled.

I just couldn't take it anymore. Ever since my first year in middleschool, Riley kept getting the girl that I liked. I am not letting him take Connie.

".... Ask yourself." He glared at me. Just then, Joey and Connie walked out of the toliet. Riley quickly put his smile back onto his face and placed his arm around Joey. Connie stood next to me.

"Do you guys want to get a milkshake?" Joey asked.

"Erm.." She looked at me with an uncertain look. I gave a little nod and held her hand. "Okay." We walked to the nearby diner and sat down at the counter.

"Three vanilla and one strawberry milkshake please." Joey ordered for us. "So Connie, when did you guys start?"

"Just recently...." Connie quietly sipped on her vanilla milkshake.

"Why didn't you tell me? We could have went on double dates, right?" She tapped Riley's shoulder.

"Yeah." They stared at us, waiting for us answer. Connie made no eye contact at them and concentrated on finishing her milkshake.

"Nah. We prefer privacy." I replied, holding Connie's hand. She looked up at me. Her eyes were filled with somewhat sadness and her hands were trembling slightly.

"Connie? Are you okay?" Joey asked.

"Sorry, I'm kind of tired. I will be heading back first." Connie got up from her seat and left the diner. I quickly chased after her and began walking towards the direction of our house.

"Are you okay?" I put my hand on her shoulders to stop her. She turned around and looked up at me with a forced smile.

"Yeah... I'm fine."

"Liar." I put my hand on her head and pulled her into my arms. "Go ahead." She grabbed my shirt and cried. I patted her head as she cried.

"It just hurts.... so much..." She wailed.

"There..There. Let it all out." I sighed. After 15 minutes, she finally let go of my shirt and wiped away her tears.

"Sorry... I got your shirt wet.." She used her handkerchief to wipe the wet part of my shirt.

"Nah. It's fine." I pushed her handkerchief away and took her hand in mine. "Let's go back home." She nodded and went home together.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

She fell asleep the moment she got back. I stared at her sleeping face and kissed her forehead. I know how it feels...

//'Ask yourself'//

What did that even meant?

•••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note-

Heyy guys! How are all of you? It's summer!!♡ Yeah! I am not sure how summer vacation works but for me, the entire June is free of homework and school. That's my summer vacation. ♥♡♥

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry if it is not satisfying... Well, I posted this because my birthday is coming soon! In a few days' time in fact. So I decided to post earlier^^.

Have a blast and enjoy the last week of June☆ Love, Kamix33