11

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲; 𝐎𝐜𝐭. 𝟐
~~~

"And that's another touchdown for the Vikings, making the score 20 to 6 now. Trojans lagging behind 14 points." The announcer said.

Blu squinted her eyes a little as she tried watching the game. Her glasses broke and her mom was getting her new ones. Who would've thought she would end up sleeping on them. But, it was her fault since she stayed up late doing homework. She look back at the crowd seeing they were frustrated.

It was mainly the fathers yelling at Apollo for his stupid plays. They were wondering why he did the same blitz play since the second quarter started. He didn't switch anything up and the opposing team was catching on. Not only that, but Jahseh wasn't playing.

She look back over seeing Jahseh sitting on the bench. He haven't touched the field since the game started. She didn't know why and she wasn't going to ask since she didn't want to disturb him. The last thing she want to do is make him even more anger by talking to him.

"Aye, Coach! You running the same damn plays, get the shit together!" A parent shouted making Blu chuckled a little, but she hid it. She knew this was a serious moment, so her laughing would've made things quite worse.

"Aye number one, Smith!" Another parent shouted, Jahseh turning around to face him. "Why you not playing?"

Jahseh shrugged his shoulders, not answering. He turned back around and slouched down a little on the bench. He knew exactly why he wasn't playing and it was all because he went to see his mom.

Flashback

Jahseh sat on the edge of his bed, his face in his hands. His leg shaking uncontrollably, the vivid images of his brother getting shot playing in his head repeatedly. He was emotional, so he started crying. His brother was gone and his mom refused to get better.

His dad was constantly picking on him about the littlest thing and Jahseh was over it. It was like he couldn't do anything right in his father eyes and it was upsetting him. He was still a child, he was struggling and didn't have anyone here to here.

He just wanted his brother back.

He wanted things to go back to normal.

That night was a very stressful night for him. Him and his dad got into an argument about him seeing his mom. Jahseh was so pissed off, he took his anger out the only way he knew how. He punched walls, tore his room upside down all while his dad banged on his lock door.

And because of that, Jahseh was sitting on the bench watching his team fall apart. Watching every pass that was thrown to Conner, the ball slipping right through his fingertips. He knew everyone was getting pissed off about his dad and he didn't blame them.

It is what it is though. The referee blew his whistle and it was halftime. Jahseh got off the bench and walked off the field, the rest of his team following behind him. He walked back in the school going in the locker room. Jahseh took off his shoulder pads then sat down. Some of his teammates upset and mumbling to themselves.

"Apollo, fucking shit up for us." His teammate, Bryson, angrily stated.

"Honestly, yo what the fuck is up with your dad?" Another player, Jevon, asked Jahseh.