36

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

excuse mistakes

Five Months Later...

Blu huffed, placing her hands on her knees. The other team continued celebrating just as the buzzer went off. They had just hit the winning three pointer making the score now 42-10, giving them the title of state champs. Blu watched as they were handed their trophy and started to take pictures. She wasn't even mad about losing their championship game.

With their record, she was even surprised they even reached the championship. Regardless, it didn't faze her that much, but she couldn't say that for her other teammates. She let a small sigh, standing up straight then walking to the locker room. As she headed inside all she heard was shouting which made her roll her eyes.

"We lost because of the lack of teamwork. Everyone was arguing with each other!" One girl shouted, Blu walked past her and going to her stuff that sat on the bench.

"Not only that, but some people on the team think they're better than others." The girl remarked, side eyeing Angel and Blu. Angel caught her and stared right back.

"We gotta a problem?" Angel asked and the girl look away. "That's what I thought. And no one thinks they're better than anyone. We don't communicate, so that's why we lost."

"If you can't take a simple lose then you shouldn't be playing any sports." Blu retorted, putting her bag on her back. She walked out the locker room slightly annoyed, but she didn't show it.

She seen her mom standing by the door and she walked over to her. A huge smile formed on Crystal face, Blu giving her mom a weird look.

"Are you okay?" She asked and Crystal nodded her head.

"I'm fine, why you'd ask?" Crystal questioned, Blu look her mom up and down. She was still smiling hard which was scaring Blu.

"No reason." Blu answered, hesitantly.

"Okay, we need to head home now. There's something waiting for you." Blu nodded her head and they both headed out the gym.

"So, how was the game?" Crystal asked as they walked to her car.

Blu shrugged her shoulders, "It really wasn't anything. We lost." She answered nonchalant. They reached the car and they both got inside.

"I'm sorry to hear that, y'all girls worked hard to get to that position. I'm sure you'll be going to the championship again, I'm guaranteed you will." Crystal said starting up the car, Blu hummed a little placing her head on the window.

She checked her phone seeing notifications from different apps. She seen a message from Jahseh and clicked on it.

𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐈🥰🥵

when u see this u might be
tired but u spending the night
with me so bring ya ass over
and don't make me ask twice
or we gonna have a problem

Blu playfully roll her eyes, replying back to his message.

"Sooo..." Crystal dragged, glancing over at her daughter. "...school is almost over. How you feel about that?" she asked, sparking up conversation as they make their way home. It was a half an hour drive back, but the way Crystal was driving, they were going to be home in minutes.