40

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲

"Don't fall."

Blu took deep breaths, shaking her hands beside her. As the principal continued calling the scholar names, she stood in line waiting. It was finally the day of all days that everyone was waiting for; graduation. Blu was extremely nervous to walk across the stage and grab her diploma. All she kept thinking was what if she fell or what if she walked out at the wrong time.

"Ion think I can do this." She muttered to herself, moving up in the line. She look down at herself making sure she look good.

She was wearing her blue gown and had her blue cap on her head. Underneath her gown, she had on a short brown tight fitted dress, black heels on her feet. She was dressed beautifully, but her nervousness was taking a toll on her. Feeling someone hands wrap around her neck, she turned around to see Brittney.

"Relax, sissy. We got this." She told her, Blu smiling at her sister.

"Blu Randals." The principal finally called her name. She took another deep breath before walking on stage. She walked to her vice principal talking a picture with her. After taking her diploma, she headed down the stairs carefully then waited for her sister.

"Brittney Sims." The principal called her name and Brittney walked out too. People muttering under their breaths as they watch the five month pregnant teenager walk across the stage. Usually, she would mind what people thought about her, but today she didn't care.

She was happy as she walk down those stairs while holding her diploma. She meet with Blu, the two of them hugging each other. They held hands and continued walking down the aisle and back to their seats.

A couple more names were called and now Jahseh was at the front of the line. Unlike Blu, he wasn't nervous, he was actually happy. This was the moment he was waiting for and now he was standing in the front line. His family was sitting in the crowd, waiting for his name to be called. He had came a long way and he was happy.

"Jahseh Smith." His name was called and loud screaming and clapping was heard. He came out with a smile on his face that people usually wouldn't see. He took his picture, taking his diploma then walked off.

"THAT'S MY BABY!" Beth shouted holding up her poster with the picture of baby Jahseh. Jahseh smiling hearing his mom as he walk to his seat. She was feeling good that she was sitting here experiencing this moment. Just watching her son grab his diploma made her emotional.

"That was my baby." She said again, her eyes watering a little. She sat back down in her seat, wiping her tears.

The ceremony continued, more students being called and getting their diplomas. People received medals and much more from the school. Guest speakers spoke to the graduates and then it was finally time. One student walked back to the podium, a smile on his face as he stare at the two hundred something grads.

"As I stare at you all, I'm happy to see all of you sitting here today. I know this school year have been difficult for some, exhausting. You all stand here today on the precipice of future. You all began high school as children and now your leaving here as adults, ready to go into the real world. You don't have the power to inspire the entire world to strive for success, but you have the power to achieve it yourself. The future is in your hands-"