32

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝟒 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 (𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫)

Jahseh stare at his arm, tracing his fingers over it. He had finally got his cast taken off and he more than relived. His arm was feeling slightly better, he just had to take it easy. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen since today was a terrible day. Four weeks had went by and still no good news. Actually, there weren't any news.

Miracle was still in her coma, still laying in that hospital bed, and still unresponsive. It was getting to the point where the doctors had not choice but to pull the plug. Of course, they weren't going to allow it, especially Jahseh. He spoke his disagreement every time the doctors brung it up.

So far, he had made four doctors embarrassed and switch to other patients. His tone got aggressive as days and weeks went by to not only the doctors, but towards family and friends. He had an attitude all day and night, a pissed off look on his face 24/7. It was the same angry face he always had from the beginning.

He was going back to his old self.

His nasty attitude made people not want to talk to him or even look his way. And he didn't want them too either because he knew he was spazz out. He wanted his sister home and if that wasn't going to happen, then everyone had to feel his anger whether they liked it or not.

The bell rung bringing him out of his thoughts. The class started packing up their things as his teacher kept talking. He got out his seat, putting his bag on his back. He didn't have to pack anything up because he didn't take anything out. He wasn't doing any of his schoolwork and he didn't care. He put his hood on his head, then walked down the aisles heading towards the door.

"Wait, Jahseh!" His teacher, Miss Ambers, called out to him. Jahseh sigh, stopping in his tracks. He turned around to face her, a mug on his face.

"What?" He asked rudely, Miss Ambers tucking in her lips.

"No need to be rude. I need to have a word with you about your work in class. You haven't been doing anything for the last four weeks. Can you explain that to me?" She asked him, leaning her hands on her desk.

"There's nothing to explain, I didn't do it and I'm not going to. Are we done?" He asked, still with the aggressive tone.

"Jahseh, whatever is going on at home shouldn't affect your work at school. You still have to do your school work."

"And if I don't?" He asked, nonchalant. Miss Ambers stare at the boy that stood nearby. She kept her composure, wanting to stay professional.

"If you don't then I have every right to report you to the principal and he'll figure out what to do with you. This is your last year, so you should be trying to keep your grades up for college. Football isn't going to get you very far in life." She told him, Jahseh shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't care." He responded then headed out the classroom. He knew he should make sure his grades are good, but that was the least of his worries for right now.

He walked down the hall with his head hung low. The hallway was crowded, so he bumped into people without apologizing. Some students cursing at him for being rude. As he continued walking, he ended up bumping into some of the boy basketball players.