21

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Back and Forth by Aaliyah played through her AirPods as she laid her head on the desk. She was in math class and while the teacher was busy teaching, she was attempting to go to sleep. She stayed up late last night catching up on her favorite show Shameless with Jahseh. Once he fell asleep, she stayed up and watched ten more episodes.

Her life choices were pretty fucked up at the moment, but she didn't care. Plus, math was the subject she was really good at, so if she didn't pay attention she was still able to get the work done. However, it was a good thing she wasn't paying attention because she had a special surprise waiting for her. Her music stopped playing once her AirPod was taken out.

She was about to snap until she quickly look up. Her mouth dropped open once she seen who it was.

"Dad!" She exclaimed jumping out her seat. She threw herself in his arms, her emotions getting the best of her and she started crying. Her other classmates watched the encounter with father and daughter thinking it was cute. She pulled away from him, smiling at her dad that she thought wouldn't be home.

"Dad..." she said again, she chuckled a little as she continued crying. Shane took off her glasses then wiped her tears.

"Hi princess." He said kissing her forehead. He smile looking at his daughter, the little girl he haven't seen in five years. He missed his daughter so much and was happy that he was back.

"I thought you wasn't coming home?" She asked him, sniffling a little.

"I wasn't, but I worked around it so I could come see you princess. But, I'm going to leave you and I'll se you at home. And pay attention." He told her, kissing her forehead. She roll her eyes playfully then wipe her face.

"I'll try."

"So, your dad really home?" Jahseh asked after parking his car in front of Blu house

"So, your dad really home?" Jahseh asked after parking his car in front of Blu house. She took off her seatbelt then turned towards him.

"Yes, he is and I'm so excited." She excitedly answered, happy that her father was finally home.

"I really didn't think he would ever come back, but he's here." She added, squealing a little afterwards.

"Well, I know your happy." He said and she nodded her head.

"While we're talking about that, do you wanna come in?" She asked leaning on the armrest.

"I mean...you want me to meet your parents? Like your mom and dad?" He asked, she chuckled.

"Are you scared or something?" She joked and he smack his lips.

"I'm not scared, but your dad is literally in the military, so that should explain everything. What does your mom do though?"