Chapter 31: Old "Friends"

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "Wha-...?"

I wake up on the walkway next to the substation...I guess I fainted...

What happened..?

Shakily getting to my feet, I feel Dizzy, my entire body stinging and tingling, marked by countless bruises and small cuts, I feel sick to my stomach. Unable to hold it back, I take off my gas mask, or what remains of it at least, and vomit off the side of the walkway into the now unelectrified sewer water.

Through my hazy, spinning vision, I look around and see the hazmats and yellow swat members lying motionless on the floor. The portals had closed. I guess that means the portal that lead into the sewer is closed too. The substation is dead, but the air purifiers that were set up are still on. Guess that have emergency batteries or something. I attempt to take a step, but I fall onto my elbows and knees. Rolling onto my back, I try to refocus my eyes and get the world to stop spinning.

Looking to my side, I inspect one of the Yellow swat guys. They look so familiar, but in my haze I can't remember exactly where they're from. Dragging my arm over, I rip the D.U.P. Tag off of his armor, and put it in my pocket. Feeling around my thigh, I feel my phone, and take it out. "Please be in one piece" I think to myself as I bring it up to my sight. It's cracked as hell, and a corner of it missing. The camera lens is weirdly untouched however.

(Y/N): "Fuck...please work..."

Pressing the power button, I'm pleased to see that it still works. Not well, as half of the screen is just colored bars and it's only on 13%, but it's good enough. It turning on and unlocking means that the pictures I took are intact. Grabbing onto the frame of the substation, I pull myself to my feet once again. With difficulty, I make my way over to one of the boxes that these people were moving into the portals. Grabbing one of the assault rifles and taking out the clip and bullet that was in the chamber, I use it to pry open the box.

Inside were clear cylindrical containers of some weird green glowing goop. Dragging myself over to another box, I pry it open again. Again, cylindrical containers of glowing green goop. The third one I opened however had weaponry. Knives, guns and ammunition, even some explosives. Fourth one was green goop again.

Taking out my busted phone, I take pictures of the crates, which it thankfully still does. Unfortunately, since the portal to japan is closed, my reception has gone dead, so I can't call anybody.

My head is pounding, but I still use an electrokinetic pulse to see if any of the DUP or hazmats has a phone. Thankfully, one of them does. Taking it off him, I thank the good lord above that there's service down here. The fact that there's service means two things; I can call people, and I'm near a manhole.

"911 what's your emergency?"

I don't want to risk them recognizing my voice. It has been two years but still. I put on a fake scared voice.

(Y/N): "I-I...I'm an urban explorer. I was exploring this abandoned sewer a-and... there's bodies. I don't know if they're alive or dead but s-some of them have hazmat suits on. The others look like swat officers... there's a lot of crates here...is that..? One of them is filled with weaponry! Wait...what in the...what is that thing?! Shit-NO! GET AWAY!"

I drop the phone and shoot it with a bolt to destroy it, the battery inside exploding. There's not actually anything down here, other than these hazmats and DUP people, but implying danger means I have a reason to not be here and for them to send more well armed officers. If these guys wake up, I'd rather the police weren't caught off guard. Then again...that's if they wake up... I uh...I'm not sure if they're breathing.