Chapter 14.5: The Calm...

Yay, more backstory and Attempted murder of children! This is what you come to my story for right?

Right?
————————————————————

Nobody's POV

Two People watch from the top of s building, one tall, with electric arcs jumping between his fingers and palm, the other with arms covered in bandages, And Gloves with metal knuckles on his hands.

Cold wind blows, but they feel nothing. The adrenaline from climbing up the building in the first place still pumping through their veins, they nod at each other before the bandaged one pulled out a retractable metal baton, swinging it to extend it.

They walk to a power line connected between their and another building, the tall one jumping onto the wire and practically gliding across it, the other hanging onto the baton and using the line like a zip line, The tall one dragging him along via electromagnetism.

Or magic.

Probably magic. Or both.

—————
—————

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "Oi! Sparkplug!"

I yell out to Cole as I yank myself up, rolling upon landing with the roof.

(Y/N): "How many times do I have to tell you not to drag me with your freaky demon powers. There's barbed wire on the edges, for fucks sake!"

Cole: "You're too slow. Besides, it's not my fault you were born quirkless."

(Y/N): "And yet I've kicked your ass almost time you and I have sparred since your Dad and my mom married."

Cole: "Who says I didn't let you win?"

(Y/N): "Your Dad."

Cole: "...Fair enough."

Plopping down onto the couch, I sigh as I open up the cooler on the side and take out a Soda.

(Y/N): "You know, I don't get two things."

Cole sits down on the other end of the couch, and I pass him his own can.

(Y/N): "Why we have this many TVs. Seriously, I'm pretty sure half of them are broken, and why so many villains underestimate me just because I don't threaten them with a glorified taser."

Cole: "Didn't your baton have a shock feature before?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, but I never threatened them with it."

Cole: "You threatened a lot of reapers with it."

(Y/N): "...I don't count the reapers as people."

Cole: "Hey!"

(Y/N): "You know as well as I that those guys were pretty much walking corpses with guns after what Sasha did to them."

Cole: "...*sigh*...I hate that you're right."

Taking a drink from my soda, I think about what actually happened. Sasha, The Villain with a tar quirk that could take Peoples humanity away and control their minds, turning them into basically undead puppets.

And then there was Alden, an old man with powerful Telekinetic abilities, who commanded a legion of druggies and Homeless. I will say one thing, and that's that he wasn't that bad. Least he gave the homeless money to work for him.