Chapter 22: Let The Sparks Fly

Look, all I'm sayin' is...

Worthless and Priceless mean the same thing.
————————————————————

(Y/N) POV

This has taken an unexpected turn. Here I am, seeing Cole wearing the outfit of someone I thought he despised. Even has gear on his chest and arm which I'm assuming are feeding him electricity.

(Y/N): "What the hell are you wearing?"

Cole: "Kessler's gear. See, I learned something about him while I was still allied with the league of villains."

(Y/N): "So you aren't evil anymore?"

Cole: "I'm going to kill the league of villains, if that's what you're asking."

(Y/N): "Good enough."

I brush the wood chips off of myself and get up, only to see Cole with his hand out like he was waiting for a shake.

(Y/N): "What are you doing?"

Cole: "You can absorb powers of some certain individuals, right?"

(Y/N): "Yeah, but I would've gotten your powers back in empire city, wouldn't I?"

Cole: "Lets just try it again."

(Y/N): "*Sigh*...Alright. Just to let you know, it's quite unpleasant for both parties involved."

Cole: "I've been through worse. Remember that time I died?"

(Y/N): "Smart ass."

Grabbing his hand, red electrical arcs to my hand as smoke starts pouring off, crackling with blue electricity. Memories very similar to my own flood my mind, all of the nights out on patrol, the days spent with both me and Trish, the three of us having fun...Her falling and...Then I see something disturbing.

Medical records. More specifically, medical records of the MacGrath family. And who is first on that list?

Kessler MacGrath, Biological Father of Cole MacGrath. Reported dead years before Cole's apparently adoptive father married my mom.

Back to reality, I woke up lying on the ground. It feels like a lot of time has passed but it couldn't have been too long, maybe a minute or two. Yup...That whole process still sucks, and I think I landed on my keys. Sitting up, I see Cole on his knees. I guess he wasn't prepared for that either...

(Y/N): "So...That's Why you're wearing his stuff."

Cole: "Yeah...You could've warned me about the memory sharing bit."

(Y/N): "I told you it was unpleasant. And judging by the whole memory thing, I think it worked. It'll just take a bit to kick in but when it does...well...Just stay out of the way because both first times were intense."

Cole: "Noted. And by the way-"

He shot lightning bolts at me, and I covered my face with my arms and close my eyes, waiting for pain. Yet all I felt was a small tingle, like tiny pokes on my arms. Opening my eyes, I saw the electricity forming a web in between my arms before being absorbed into them.

Cole: "Just testing."

(Y/N): "tell me that before hand so you don't end up with shattered ribs."

I don't know how long it'll take to awaken this new power, but I can take care of myself without it. Mainly because I've got the power of fire on my side.

And an arm.

An arm on fire.

A firearm.

I have a pistol, is what I'm saying.