chapter 2

Ruby and Clark enter their apartment and she sees the lights are dim but there are some small white candles on their coffee table along with a bowl and spoon along with a tub of ice cream. Rose petals are sprinkled all over the table as well. Soft doo-wop plays on their stereo and Clark takes off Ruby's jacket as she stares in awe.

"Surprise," Clark whispers in Ruby's ear.

"Aw Clark...this is just so sweet! You didn't have to do this." Ruby said.

Clark hangs up her jacket and hugs Ruby from behind as he kisses her cheek.

"But I wanted to. I want to spoil you every single day." Clark said.

Ruby turns around and takes his face into her hands and gives him a big smooch.

"I know baby, but I don't want it to be a one-way street. I wanna spoil you too." Ruby said.

"But you do spoil me. With all your hardcore playtime." Clark says as he winked and gave a chuckle.

Ruby laughs along with him.

"No but seriously, I want you to lay off the surprises for now and let me create them, okay?" Ruby asked.

"Alright alright!" Clark said with a laugh.

They head on over to the couch and Ruby takes her spoon to scoop some of the cookies n' cream flavored ice cream and plop it in her bowl. Meanwhile, Clark is taking off her shoes and begins to give a foot massage. Ruby sighs out of delight with his hands working on her soles as she devours such sweet and creamy goodness. She hums along to the music in her head as she feeds Clark some ice cream as well.

"This is so nice. You. And me. Ice cream. Doo-wop music. And you..." Clark says as he slides his hand up her leg.

"You mentioned me twice," Ruby said with a laugh.

"Did I?" Clark asked with a smirk.

"Don't smirk at me like that," Ruby said.

"Like what? I have no idea what you're talking about." Clark said as he bats his eyelashes at her.

Ruby pokes his nose and he giggles.

"You're so silly babe," Ruby said.

"And you love it!" Clark said.

"Which is true. Now I know you did this cute surprise for me and you wanna make tonight about me, but let's talk about you. So how was your day?" Ruby asks as she puts down her bowl of ice cream.

"Oh uh...I mean it was average..nothing happened." Clark said.

"Really? I remember you telling me that you were planning to get a job at Interfire Entertainment. Any luck with that?" Ruby asked.

After Clark had graduated, he had been dreaming to get a video game designer job at Interfire Entertainment for a while. He's mentioned it a couple of times to Ruby but he figured that she didn't care about stupid video games so he was surprised to hear her mention it.

"Oh, you remembered that? I thought you wouldn't care about that." Clark said.

"Are you kidding? You would tell me how much you wanted a job there for days! How could I not care? You seem so passionate about it!" Ruby said.