chapter 46

After an eventful night for both groups, Trevor carries Clark on his shoulder to his room and places him on the bed.

"Holy fuck...what a night," Clark said.

Trevor grabs a water bottle from the refrigerator and sits beside him as he opens it and gives it to him. "Here sip on this. I would hate for you to be extremely hungover tomorrow," he said.

"Yeah, Ruby would not be happy with that," Clark said as he took small sips.

"So....you and Theo and Damien...those were some big news!" Trevor said.

"Ah man, I'm still over the moon. I mean two guys that wanted to tear me down are now wanting to build me up again." Clark said.

"You're willing to trust them this time?" Trevor asked.

"Yeah.  I'm over everything that happened at Interfire and I want to start completely fresh and new with them. And I know we're gonna be amazing." Clark said.

"Well I am very happy for you and I am even more happy that they included Gabe in it as well. I feel like they're redeeming themselves. But enough about that, let's talk about the big day tomorrow. You will be marrying Miss Ruby Anderson!" Trevor said.

"Correction! Ruby Ackermann. Mrs. Ruby Ackermann." Clark said with a smirk.

"Ooh excuse me, sir!" Trevor laughed.

Clark sighs. "Am I seriously going to marry her tomorrow? Like is this real?" he asked.

"It is 100% real buddy. You're taking that big step in your relationship. Regardless of all the crazy things that happened, you guys are perfect for each other." Trevor said.

Clark sits up. "You have any advice?" he asked.

"You want advice from me? I'm not even married." Trevor chuckled.

"Well, you've been with Alexa for a while and even have a child. And I want to know what Ruby and I can do to have a stronger relationship. I mean not that it wasn't strong to begin with." Clark said.

"Okay. Uh...well, you know Ruby and you know how she was in the beginning. She was a woman who was scared to love. She's been through some rough times and when she met you...she was just a whole different person. I honestly haven't seen her smile so much about a man in forever. And the only thing I can say is just be her rock. Be the reason why she wakes up every morning with a smile on her face and goes to sleep knowing that she's got a good man. And I'm not telling you how to do it because we all have different things that we do to keep our partners happy. Things that won't be harmful to the relationship and only make it better." Trevor said.

"You know...sometimes I think about that argument we had. And I know we talked it out and everything...but part of me feels that she's holding some of that hatred inside." Clark said with fear.

"Okay well let's not use the word hatred because I know she does not hate you at all. I mean yes what you said to her was unforgettable. But think about it, if it were over between you two, I wouldn't be here with you celebrating what's to come tomorrow." Trevor said.

"You don't think she's marrying me out of pity?" Clark asked.

"No way. She loves you way too much to let you go. And especially when she had risked her own life just to save you from that pitiful excuse of a woman. Never forget that she would go above and beyond for you and I frankly never thought Ruby would ever get to that point in loving somebody." Trevor said.