chapter 9

A week goes by and the engagement party had finally been planned. Clark and Ruby were now shopping for outfits with their friends. Clark was with Faye and Gabe. Ruby was with Jenna and Alexa.
____________________________
Clark, Gabe, and Faye...
"You guys didn't have to come along," Clark said.

"Are you kidding? I love shopping!" Faye said.

"And we're so happy to be attending your engagement party tonight!" Gabe said.

"You sure, your fiancée won't mind us showing up?" Faye asked.

"I told you guys, she says she more than happy to meet the people that have been making me comfortable at work," Clark said.

"Well, we can't wait to meet her!" Gabe said.

"Same here! Now let's find the perfect outfit for tonight! So what's the theme? Are we doing causal? Formal? Semi-formal?" Faye asked.

"Well let's say I would probably wanna dress a little bit different than I usually do," Clark said.

"I think I know the right outfit for you!" Faye said.

Faye leads Clark to a mannequin displaying a nice outfit. A short sleeve mulberry silk shirt, black dress pants, and a pair of black leather dress shoes.

"So what do you think?" Faye asked.

"That is a nice outfit..." Clark said.

"And it's slightly different than what you normally wear so you're not drastically changing your style," Gabe said.

Clark starts to visualize himself wearing the outfit and thinks about how he would love for Ruby to rip the silk shirt off of him and give him hickeys all over his neck and chest.

"Yeah, I want it!" Clark said.

"Don't you wanna try it on first?" Gabe asked.

"Nah, I know this will look good on me!" Clark said.

"My boy got some confidence! I like it!" Faye said.

Clark wastes no time buying the outfit and they find a nearby bench outside of the store to sit down and talk more.

"So after a whole week at Interfire, how are you liking the job?" Faye asked.

"Have you found out if Walter's group liked your ideas?" Gabe asked.

"One, yes I am liking the job! And two, I have not found out if my ideas were liked yet but I wasn't expecting an answer that quickly. So I'm not gonna worry about that anymore and I'm just gonna keep creating new designs to pitch." Clark asked.

"Any sign of Theo and Damien?" Faye asked.

"Nope! Thanks to the cubicle office I have, I barely see them." Clark said.

"You know I've been seeing them boss around a few other people. It's crazy how their personalities change whenever Walter comes around but when he's gone, it's hell for everyone." Gabe said.

"Don't they do anything else but act like douchebags?" Clark asked.

"Well besides being Walter's henchmen, they do help out with testing the games," Faye said.