chapter 42

Clark had been driving for quite a while, leaving Ruby slightly anxious but excited.

"You know, this reminds me of when you took me to that ballroom for our date. You wouldn't tell me where we were going until we arrived." Ruby laughed.

"Well, keep that blindfold on because we are here!" Clark said.

Clark exits the car and goes to the passenger side to open Ruby's door. He grabs Ruby's hand and carefully leads her out of the car.

"Okay, babe. Are you ready?" Clark asked.

"Yes! Let me see!" Ruby exclaimed.

Clark removes the blindfold, and Ruby sees a house.

"Clark...is this...is the house you showed me on your laptop?" Ruby asked.

"Indeed it is," Clark said.

Ruby takes a few steps forward, taking in the sight. "Oh wow...I never thought it'd be much more beautiful in person," she said.

"Neither did I," Clark said

"Wow...I wish we could see the inside," Ruby said.

"Who says we can't?" Clark asked.

"What?" Ruby asked.

"I spoke to the realtor on the phone this morning, and he gave me a key so we can have a look ourselves," Clark said.

"You didn't," Ruby said.

"Oh yes, I did! Come on!" Clark said.

Clark could hardly contain his excitement as he took Ruby's hand yet again and led her up the path toward the house he had been showing her glimpses of for weeks. The anticipation filled the air as they reached the front porch, and he turned to look at her, his eyes sparkling with joy.

"This is the moment I've been waiting for. Are you ready, Ruby?" he asked, his voice filled with anticipation.

Ruby smiled, her heart brimming with curiosity and love. "I'm ready, Clark. Show me our future home!" she said.

With a gentle turn of the key, the front door swung open, revealing a world of possibility. Hand in hand, they crossed the threshold, stepping into a grand foyer adorned with natural light pouring in through large windows.

"Oh my...Clark, this is beautiful! And all I've seen is the foyer." Ruby said.

"It sure is nice," Clark said with a hint of amazement.

Ruby and Clark head over to the living room. They stood in awe of the spaciousness and cozy charm. A stone fireplace commanded attention. The walls were painted in soft, neutral tones.

Clark glanced at Ruby, a playful smile tugging at his lips. "I can already picture us curled up by the fire and watch movies together!" he said.

"Look at all this space! Can you imagine all the parties or game tournaments we could throw here? It would be so awesome!" Ruby said.

They strolled through the hallway, admiring the framed pictures of their families and friends that would eventually line up the walls. Clark's eyes gleamed as he looked at Ruby.