chapter 16

The next morning...
"Ugh...my head..." Clark groaned into the pillow.

Clark had woke up with a terrible headache wishing that he hadn't drank that much. He looks to his side to see if Ruby was next to him, but she wasn't. He calls out for her but regrets it immediately when his head starts to pound again.

"Baaaabbbe!! Ow...." Clark said.

Ruby walks in with a bottle of Tylenol and a glass of water.

"Well good morning to you too," Ruby said with a chuckle.

"Why is my head hurting?..." Clark asked.

"That my dear is called a hangover," Ruby said.

"Oh, that's what it is? God, I feel awful..." Clark said.

"Here, sit up. Take some of this." Ruby said.

Clark sits up and Ruby hands him the Tylenol and the water for him to take as she softly plays with his hair, careful not to be too rough.

"You sure had quite the night," Ruby said.

"What did I do last night? Was I embarrassing you?" Clark asked.

"No, not at all. I actually found it entertaining that you and your friends were William's backup singers. And seeing you slur your words and the way you wobbled your way to me, telling me that you were ready to go home, it was insanely cute." Ruby said.

"Aww, you think I'm cute when I'm drunk?" Clark said while batting his eyes, reenacting Ruby when she had asked him that question.

"Real funny Clark," Ruby said with a chuckle.

"Out of the two years we've been together, I don't think you've ever seen me drunk," Clark said.

"Hell, I don't think we've been drunk together," Ruby said.

"Maybe we should," Clark said with a smirk.

"And why's that?" Ruby asked.

"Because I would want you to punish me while we're intoxicated," Clark says as he nuzzles his head in Ruby's neck, placing small kisses.

Ruby laughs. "Babe, I would rather punish you when we're both sober," she said.

"Yeah, you're right. The alcohol might make your hits weaker anyways like they've always been." Clark said.

Ruby gives him a side eye glance as Clark tries to hide his face in her neck even more to avoid her glare.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that for your sake," Ruby said.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out," Clark said with a chuckle.

"But anyway, I'm so happy that you're getting along with your coworkers. I was so heartbroken for you when you told me about those assholes that made you their coffee boy." Ruby said.

"Yeah, it was a rough day but it's been a couple of weeks and I'm feeling pretty confident now. Especially with Gabe and Faye on my side." Clark said.