chapter 13

The next morning, Clark walks into the kitchen all ready for work to find Ruby in her red silk robe cooking some breakfast. Blueberry pancakes with bacon and eggs. She also has some hot coffee waiting for him on the kitchen island. He watches her from afar completely in puppy love as if he just didn't get milked last night in the playroom. He sneaks up behind Ruby and hugs her while placing some kisses on her neck.

"Good morning baby," Ruby said.

"Good morning! Breakfast smells great!" Clark said.

"Thank you. I just wanted to do something special for you before you went off to work." Ruby said.

She flips the last pancake onto a plate with the eggs and bacon and places it next to the coffee mug.

"I hope you enjoy it!" Ruby said.

"Oh, believe me, I will," Clark said.

He sits down at the kitchen island and eats his breakfast.

"God Ruby...these pancakes are so good!" Clark said.

"And of course, I had to make them blueberry because I remember how often you would order them from Chez Abélia's," Ruby said.

"You treat me so well," Clark said.

"Always," Ruby said before kissing his cheek and sitting down next to him.

"You have work today?" Clark asked.

"Yeah, but just the night shift so I'll be here all alone until then. So boring...." Ruby said.

But then, a light bulb went off in her head when Felix told her about Camila.

"Oh my goodness! Babe! I forgot to tell you something that happened last night." Ruby said.

"What happened?" Clark asked.

"Okay so when I was talking to William and his boyfriend Felix, he had told me that he knew someone that could help us with our wedding," Ruby said.

"Really? You think she's legit?" Clark asked.

"You tell me," Ruby said before pulling out her phone and showing Clark the wedding photos that Felix showed her.

"Woah, the venue looks incredible," Clark said.

"I know right? And I know we don't have a theme that we have in mind, but maybe when we meet her we can come up with one." Ruby said.

"As long as you're happy, I don't care what theme it is," Clark said.

"Nope! We are not making this about the bride again! It's about the bride and the groom. I want both of us to be happy!" Ruby said.

Clark laughs and blushes at her playful aggressiveness.

"You are one passionate woman," Clark said.

"Because I want our wedding to be something that we both can enjoy," Ruby says as she places her hand on top of Clark's.

Clark smiles as he feels Ruby's thumb caressing his knuckles, making him feel so secure. He rests his head on Ruby's shoulder and Ruby continues to feed Clark pancakes.

"Would I be annoying if I wanted to bring up that conversation we had last night? Before we went to the party?" Clark said.

Ruby chuckles. "It's like you always read my mind," she said.

"You been thinking about it too?" Clark asked.

"Yeah, I have. It makes me happy that you want to raise a child with me." Ruby said.

"Why wouldn't I?" Clark asked.

"I don't know...I mean...what if I'm not mother material?" Ruby asked.

Clark raises his head off Ruby's shoulder and looks into her eyes with reassurance.

"That's nonsense, Ruby. You're mother material. I mean you're so caring and loving. And whenever we would babysit Daniella, the way you bond with her is so beautiful!" Clark said.

"Well, I mean it's more than just being 'caring' and 'loving'. What if I can't give our child the life they deserve?" Ruby asked.

Clark takes Ruby's face in his soft hands.

"Don't think that Ruby. I know that you will be the best mom ever. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind. And besides, nobody's perfect, right? So there's nothing to worry about. I love you." Clark says before placing a soft kiss on Ruby's lips.

Ruby smiles as she runs her fingers through his hair.

"I love you too. And I have no doubt in my mind that you're gonna be a great dad." Ruby said.

Clark kisses her again but this time he rests his hand on her thigh and slides it up her robe. Ruby chuckles as she stops him.

"Hey, don't you have work mister?" Ruby asked with a smirk.

Clark checks his watch and realizes he's lost track of time.

"Oh shit! I better get going!" Clark says and he puts on his shoes and grabs his bag.

Ruby walks up to him and wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Have a good day baby," Ruby said.

"You do the same," Clark says before placing a kiss on her nose and leaving.

Ruby returns to her phone on the kitchen counter and continues to look at more of Camila's work. She then notices a phone number on her website and decides to finally give it a call.

"Hello? Hi, is this Camila? My fiancé and I could use your help for our wedding."

Aww! Such a sweet conversation between them! Ruby and Clark as parents??? How would we feel about that? Do you think it'll happen? And about the planning of the wedding? Will it go bad or will it be the best?
Vote! Comment! Follow! Share!
Bye!💋
A/N: I am so sorry I left the earth for a while! I thought was gonna update during winter break but some things went down and I just wasn't in the best mood and things just kept getting worse so I had to step away from writing. But I appreciate you guys for being so patient with me! Thank you❤️