chapter 27

After Clark's break and working with Walter afterward, he decides to take his advice and go to a bar to unwind. However, he didn't want to go straight home just yet because he wasn't sure how Ruby felt toward him after being distant from her for almost a week. So he goes to Gamer's Club and heads straight for the bar.

"What can I get for you, buddy?" the bartender asked.

"Anything that'll make me 'unwind' possibly," Clark said.

"I know just the thing!" the bartender said.

He quickly prepares a drink during the busy minutes and slides it to Clark.

He immediately chugs it as he thinks about his panic attack, his nightmare, and how Ruby was there to comfort him and suggested he go to a therapist, but he refused. He felt awful for pushing her away when she wanted to help him through this experience. And on top of that, they needed to go to a cake tasting session for their wedding. But after what their relationship looked like, he wasn't sure if the wedding would be a thing anymore. Soon enough, Clark requests another drink...and another...and another. Just enough to get his problems off his mind.

"Clark? I didn't think I'd see you here." A voice said.

Clark looks over to his right and sees Theo and Damien.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you two would be with Walter." Clark said.

"Oh, uh...actually, he gave us the day off," Theo said.

"Really?" Clark asked.

"Yeah, he's been kinda brushing us off lately. I don't know what's going on with him," Damien said.

"I don't know why he would. I mean, you guys are like his top dogs. He needs you two," Clark said.

"It seems like he needs you way more than he needs us. I know you're working your ass off in that office," Theo said with a laugh.

"Oh yeah! How's that game coming along?" Damien asked.

"It's...going good," Clark said.

"You don't seem so sure about that," Damien said.

"I'm sorry, but why do you care?" Clark asked.

"We're just making conversation with a coworker," Damien said before taking a sip of his beer.

"I thought I was just a rookie," Clark said.

"You know what? You've been proving us wrong, buddy." Theo said.

"Yeah, I gotta admit, I've never seen anybody impress Walter like you did," Damien said.

"Oh, please. I'm sure whatever you created has got to be better than my idea." Clark said.

"It could've....had it been released," Damien said.

"What do you mean? It never got released?" Clark said.

"For some reason, when we handed in our files to Walter, they got disapproved," Theo said.