chapter 4

While Clark was playing assistant for Theo and Damien, Ruby was over at Alexa's house sipping some wine in her kitchen having some classic girl talk.

"...and after that, she was the conversation for the entire week!" Ruby said while laughing.

"That's fucking insane. I kinda feel bad for her but then again she was the one that started the fight over something so small." Alexa said.

"Imagine swinging on an employee because happy hour is over," Ruby said.

"Honey I don't know how you do it. How do you manage to work at a job that deals with interacting with strangers? Drunk strangers at that." Alexa said.

"Because I laugh at how dumb they look and I know they're gonna wake and remember nothing but once they see themselves on the internet, they're gonna feel stupid," Ruby said.

"Moonshine is a great bar but it sure does attract a lot of Karens," Alexa said while shaking her head.

"And you know what? I love it!" Ruby said.

"You ever think about owning that bar?" Alexa asked.

"All the time. I enjoy interacting with people at the bar and listening to good music and giving out advice. I love this job." Ruby said.

"I never thought I'd see you so passionate about being a bartender! I honestly thought you'd be a dominatrix." Alexa said.

"Oh trust me, that thought crossed my mind many times! But I guess I'm more of a soft dom rather than a hard dom." Ruby said.

"Ahhhh. So you're the type to let Clark have his bratty fun and shut him up a week later in the playroom." Alexa said with a smirk.

"Yeah...that man drives me crazy," Ruby said while smiling.

"And you drove him crazy!" Alexa said referring to Ruby's engagement ring.

"Still can't believe we're engaged...especially after all the shit I put him through. I mean I'm the woman who completely ghosted him after he told me he loved me." Ruby said.

"And yes that was a bitch move but look what happened afterward. You both made dumb choices hooking up with other people and that led to this crazy ass life-threatening situation that involved your ex and your enemies." Alexa said.

"You think if I would've told him I loved him right away, none of that would've happened?" Ruby asked.

"The kidnapping definitely would've not happened....but I don't think the proposal would've happened either. I think the situation was an eye-opener for both of you. You two were terrified of losing each other. And when I first saw you cry after Clark told you about Mandy, that was completely different from you. I mean besides Baron I have never seen you cry about any other guy like that and Clark was the one. Let's be real, if you truly were using him for sex, you would've been done with him and moved on to someone else. But you wanted him. You wanted nobody else but him. And I know it's hard for you to see that but Clark truly wants nobody but you. Yes, you two had a very confusing bond but it all worked out. You got the ring! You have him wrapped around your finger. Literally!" Alexa said.

"I appreciate your words, Alexa. I've just been having second thoughts here and there. I hope it's not cold feet." Ruby said.