chapter 17

Within the two weeks, Clark has been working his ass off at his job. Meanwhile, Ruby has also been working hard at Moonshine. But they've been a little too busy in their work that they barely see each other now. The only time they do is when they wake up together and go to sleep together. And as much as it hurts both of them to not spend any together, they continue to work hard. At least they'll be together later on tonight for the wedding planning...
______________________________
Clark has been working in one of the bigger offices, creating the graphics.

"This is looking so good!" Walter says as he peeks over Clark's shoulder watching him work his magic.

"Thanks, Walter!" Clark said.

"I swear, every time you come here, I see myself getting more and more impressed with your work!" Walter said.

"I'm very pleased to hear you say that," Clark said.

"Keep up the good work!" Walter says before patting his shoulder and walking away only to be approached by Theo and Damien.

"Ah! Just the men I wanted to see! I need one of you guys to assist Clark." Walter said.

Theo and Damien look at each other and laugh, almost similar to each other.

"You're kidding right?" Theo asked.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna be assisting a rookie," Damien said.

"That 'rookie' is what we needed for this company and when this game drops, it's gonna put our name back on top," Walter said.

"That's what you said about other ones and they all failed miserably," Damien said. "And this guy won't be any different. He's gonna drag your name in the mud just like-"

"Last time I checked, when I asked you to do something, you fucking do it. Now Damien, since you wanna talk so much, you go in there and assist him." Walter said in a low intimidating tone.

Damien rolls his eyes and brushes past Walter, entering Clark's office.

"Hey. Walter said you needed an assistant." Damien said.

"No, I didn't," Clark said.

"Then why is Walter making me assist you?" Damien asked.

Clark laughs. "He probably didn't want me to be distracted with anything else since I've been working so much. Listen, I'm not gonna boss you around or anything. Just sit down in that chair and just relax. I'll let you know if I need anything." he said.

"Okay?..." Damien said.

He takes a seat near Clark's desk and thinks to himself why isn't he taking an opportunity to get back at him for making him his 'assistant' when Walter wasn't around. He looks around the office, slightly mesmerized by the decorations that Clark had set up. His eyes then land on a photo of Clark and Ruby on the yacht when he had proposed.

"Who's the lady?" Damien asked.

Clark shifts his attention from the computer to the picture on his desk.

"Oh, that's my fiancée," Clark said.

"I didn't know you were engaged," Damien said.