chapter 29

After Clark's session with Camila, he returned home, sat on the living room couch, and thought about the therapy session. He felt that he had told her enough, but that one story of him and Mandy held him back from opening up a little more. But he took Camila's advice and decided not to rush himself, and it'll come out when it wants to. Ruby comes out from their bedroom and sits next to him.

"Hey, sweetie. How did it go?" Ruby asked.

"It was fine. We didn't discuss much, but it was a good start." Clark said.

"That's good. One step at a time, babe." Ruby said.

"You wanna do something tonight? We don't have to go out. We could stay in, order some dinner and watch a movie." Ruby said.

"Actually babe...uh...Faye and Gabe were gonna come over for a little tournament tonight." Clark said.

"Oh... that's okay. We can have our movie date another time." Ruby said.

"I'm really sorry...I can cancel on them if you want. I know we haven't been spending much time, and I wanna make that up to you." Clark said.

"Sweetie, it's fine. We live together. It's not like you won't see me again." Ruby said with a slight laugh.

Clark lets out a light chuckle as well. "Are you sure you're not upset at me?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now, do you want me to make food for you and your friends when they come over?" Ruby asked.

"Oh no, that won't be necessary, honey, but thank you," Clark said.

"No, I insist! I wouldn't mind. Anyways, you know I love Faye and Gabe!" Ruby said.

"Okay, you can make food for us," Clark said.

"And I'll be in the room too, so you three can have the living room," Ruby said.

"You're not a child, Ruby. If you wanna be out here too, you can." Clark said with a chuckle.

"I just thought you'd wanna be alone with your friends," Ruby said.

Clark puts his arm around her shoulder and kisses her forehead. "Listen, I know we haven't been spending time together recently, but that doesn't mean you have to keep your distance from me," he said.

"I don't....it just feels different now," Ruby said, looking down.

Clark lifts up her chin with his finger. "And I will do everything I can to make it feel like it's not. Because I want my future wife to be as happy as she can be." he said before poking Ruby's nose, making her smile.

"And I want the same for you," Ruby said.

"I already am. I have you." Clark said before giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll start making the food," Ruby said, getting up to go to the kitchen.

"I love you, Ruby!" Clark said.

Ruby smiles to herself. "I love you too, Clark!" she said.

She felt that after those few minutes, maybe he was starting to be himself again.
_____________________________
The night had arrived, and Faye and Gabe were playing video games with Clark at the apartment.