chapter 12

Ruby and Clark returned home from the party, putting their coats on the rack and taking off their shoes.

"Wow! What a night! If our engagement party was this much fun, I can only imagine what our wedding would be like." Clark says as he makes his way to the couch and plops down on his back.

"What was that?" Ruby asked.

"What was what?" Clark asked.

"That little stunt you were pulling at the party," Ruby said.

"What little stunt?" Clark asked.

"You and Jenna," Ruby said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Clark said trying to play dumb.

"So you don't remember feeling upon her arm and giving her those bedroom eyes?" Ruby asked.

"Oh, you mean that? I was just admiring her tattoo! It looked cool!" Clark said.

"And the bedroom eyes?" Ruby asked.

"Bedroom eyes?" Clark asked.

"You gave Jenna that look. And I know what that look means." Ruby said.

"I was complimenting her eyes! They were pretty! I was being nice." Clark said.

Ruby walks a little closer to Clark.

"What did you say to her?" Ruby asked.

"What do you mean?" Clark asked.

"I saw you whisper something in her ear and she giggled and blushed. What were you talking about?" Ruby asked.

"Oh, it was nothing!" Clark said.

"It didn't seem like nothing. You two were inseparable the whole night." Ruby said.

"What can I say? Jenna was so fun to be around!" Clark said.

"But did you have to touch her arm like that and look at her like you wanted to bang her?" Ruby asked.

Clark laughs at her slight anger and sits up on the couch.

"Someone's jealous. I don't see why though. You were having fun with Mr. William and that other guy. So I decided to have fun with Jenna." Clark said.

Ruby was struck with a hit of realization.

"Is that it? You were jealous of William?" Ruby asked.

"Why wouldn't I be? He's the same guy that I saw kiss you at your door, remember?" Clark asked.

Ruby has a flashback about her "date" with William before they called things off and had a goodbye kiss and Clark seeing the whole thing. She feels sad thinking about Clark's sad expression but then starts to smile because if it weren't for her ending the date, William would've not been happy with Felix.

"Why are you smiling? You think it's funny?" Clark asked.

"No, I don't think it's funny," Ruby said while trying to hold in her laugh.