chapter 45

As for Clark's point of view of the night, he was being guided down a pathway while being blindfolded. As he felt the cool breeze through his jacket and the sound of soft waves traveling through his ears, he felt a hint of skepticism.

"Guys, where are we? And why is it chilly? Are you guys throwing me into the ocean?" Clark asked.

"God, all you do is ask questions. Just shut up." Theo said with a chuckle.

"Don't worry Clark you are going to love this!" Damien said.

After they remove his blindfold, Clark is taken aback at the sight of a luxurious yacht at the pier.

"Holy shit! No way! We're partying on a freaking yacht?" Clark exclaimed.

"Hell yeah!! And this was all my doing!! Your best man!" Trevor bragged.

"But we paid for this," Damien said.

"Man nobody gives a damn who paid for it. Always bragging and shit." Gabe said with a laugh.

"Well, even though you guys paid for it, I had the idea of a yacht! So I'm still taking the credit because I am the best man!" Trevor said.

"You lucky you're Clark's friend otherwise I'd push you in the water," Theo said.

"Yeah yeah whatever, I know you love me!" Trevor said.

"Enough talking! I wanna get on this boat!!" Clark said, excitedly pushing his way through.

The rest follow him into the yacht taking in the elegant ambience as classy jazz music is being played by a live band. They immediately spot the bar and ask the bartender for a round. The night air was crisp as the boat glided over the dark waters of the bay. Clark stood at the bow, the wind tousling his hair as he raised a glass of whiskey in celebration. Trevor stood beside him, a mischievous grin on his face.

"Here's to Clark and having a crazy ass night!" Trevor shouted over the roar of the engines.

Clark laughed, taking a swig of his drink. "Let's make it count!"

Gabe, Theo, and Damien joined them, each with a drink in hand and a smile on their faces. The boat was theirs for the night, a private late-night party to celebrate Clark's upcoming wedding.

As the night wore on, the music blared, and the drinks flowed freely. Attractive women served them drinks, their laughter mingling with the sound of the waves. One of the servers, a blonde bombshell with a flirtatious smile, kept hovering around Damien.

"So are you the groom-to-be?" she purred.

"No, that would be that gentleman over there," Damien said, pointing to Clark.

The lady makes her way over to Clark and sits down on the arm of the chair.

"Hey there, handsome," she purred, leaning in close. "Care to join me for a little...private party below deck?"

Clark chuckled, shaking his head. "Sorry, sweetheart. I'm taken."

But the server persisted. "Aww come on, what your fiancée doesn't know won't kill her. Just one night with me," she said rubbing up on his arm.