chapter 7

The next day at 9:30 in the morning, Clark walks into Interfire Entertainment with a more positive attitude. Despite being bossed around by Theo and Damien, Clark wanted a fresh new start and brush it off his shoulder. He approaches Faye at the front desk.

"Morning Faye!" Clark said.

"Hey, Clark! How was your first day?" Faye asked.

"It was okay," Clark said.

"So you got to meet Walter?" Faye asked.

"Actually no. He had somewhere else to be." Clark said.

"Really? Well, what'd you do all day?" Faye asked.

"I got to "bond" with Theo and Damien. And by "bond" I mean "be their assistant for the day," Clark said.

"Theo and Damien? Yeah, they're quite the pair. They think they rule this building when in reality all they do is kiss Walter's ass." Faye said.

"So does Walter favor them a lot?" Clark asked.

"Well I can't say much now but how about we talk about this during lunch? I'll bring Gabe along as well." Faye said.

"Sounds great," Clark said.

"Good! Now Gabe had called me earlier and told me that Walter is ready to see you." Faye said.

"Oh my god really?" Clark asked frantically.

"Yep! So you better hurry! Walter can get impatient." Faye said.

"Thanks, Faye!" Clark said.

Clark quickly walks to the elevator and makes his way up to the seventh floor. He slowly walks up to Walter's office door with his palms all sweaty and his heart racing. Clark was finally about to meet his inspiration. He softly knocks on the door four times.

"Come in!" A voice said.

Clark walks into the office and there he was. Walter Tate. A 6-foot man with olive skin and a goatee. He was wearing a beige turtleneck, white jeans, and beige tasseled loafers. He was looking out of his huge office windows enjoying the view of New York City but then he turns around to face Clark.

"So you're Clark Ackermann," Walter said.

"Y-yes, sir. That's me." Clark said.

"Please, have a seat," Walter said.

Walter sits at his desk and Clark sits across from him.

"So sorry that we couldn't meet yesterday. Something urgent had come up." Walter said.

"That's okay. I understand." Clark said.

"I hope my assistant Gabe was able to make you feel comfortable," Walter said.

"Very! I also got to meet Theo and Damien." Clark said.

"Ah, so you've met my entourage! Aren't they great?" Walter asked.

"Yeeeah. They're pretty cool." Clark said with a slight hint of sarcasm.