chapter 27

I picked him up and walked past the growling Liam and went into the house. I sat on the couch holding him. Liam stormed in growling at me.

“You don’t even know this rouge Milo! Or what kind of danger he will bring.” He growled and went to snatch him out of my arms.

I snarled and put the kid behind me and hit his arm away. “He is like 10 years old Liam! I don’t care what you think no matter what I am going to protect him. Now you can be my mate and support me or shove it.”

“Fine” He slumped into the couch and smiled sweetly at the boy who is buried into my back.

I pulled the little boy into my arms. “Hey what is your name little one?”

“Scott.” He whimpered.

“Well Scott you don’t have to worry about anything now. We will protect you. Don’t worry about him either. He is my mate and if he wants to be accepted he won’t hurt you.” I laughed at the last part.

Scott huddled into me shaking more. I knew we had to find out his story. We need to know what might happen.

“Scott? Can you tell me what happened? Why did you shift so early?” I asked him gently.

“We were a small pack my dad was the Alpha. A whole bunch of wolves came and surrounded our house. My mom shoved me in the tunnel we have to escape. Our pack was trying to fight them off but we only had like 10 members. My mom was ripped from the entrance and started fighting. I ran. I made it to the woods but they came in front of me I could not go anywhere. My dad’s Beta came barreling threw and I changed into my wolf. He helped me go into the woods but he was over taken. I just kept running.” He whimpered

“It’s ok. Scott you are safe here.” I promised him.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I know that I will do anything to protect him. This means I have to fight my father. If he found out that I took a pup in he would kill Scott just to hurt me. I shifted him into Liam’s arms. They both looked at me terrified. I laughed.

“I am going to go find Pixie so she can make hot chocolate.” I shook my head at them.

“Milo why don’t you just make it?” Liam asked confused.

I scowled at him. “The last time I tried to make some it blew up.”

Liam hid his face behind Scott as he laughed. I rolled my eyes and left the room. Pixie was already in the kitchen when I walked in there.

“I already made some. Here you go love” Pixie handed me the cups.

I grinned gratefully at her and walked back to Liam. I grinned at the sight of Scott in his lap playing his hair. Liam looks seriously at him asking him all his favorite things. I smiled more at the sight. My smile dropped I need more training if I am going to protect my family.

Tomorrow will start the new training. Liam will have to help me he is the best fighter out there. I sighed. I hope he won’t go easy on me.