chapter.17

I woke up in the hospital room again. Damn I have been sleeping so much ever since I got here. I was use to hardly sleeping at all and now it seems like I'm sleep most the time.

I sit up and look around no one its in my room. I thought at least Rex would be here for me. I slowly get out of bed and walk out of the room to find them. Im moving slowly do I won't jar my back. Its almost healed but its still sore.

I walk into the training clearing it looks like and see Rex and Pixie training. Ax is leaning on a tree doing paperwork looking up every so often at Rex. I went and sat beside Ax.

"Why are they training so hard?" I asked watching them.

"They are both still pissed about what happened to you so they are letting the anger out this way. Liam is gone by the way. I made him leave." Ax explained to me.

"You didn't have to do that. Thank you though." I looked down sadly.

"Its no problem Milo." Ax smiled up at me.

"What are you looking at?" I peered over his shoulder to look.

"Plans for some new buildings and request for things that the pack needs." Ax showed me the paper work and explained each one. He told me the decisions he made and why he made them. He explained that an alpha always had to keep the best of the whole pack in mind when making decisions.

I nodded at him listening with fascination. My father wouldn't teach me what it meant to be an alpha. I asked him about everything I could excitedly.

Ax laughed at me. "You don't have to learn everything today. You have more time to know these things. I will tech you everything you will need to know."

I blushed sheepishly and nodded. We looked up to see Rex and Pixie staring at us in an amusement.

Ax stood up and stretched. 

"Ok baby I'm done with the paperwork for right now. Who is hungry?"

We all chimed in with me and laughed. We walked into the kitchen and Ax and Rex started cooking tacos. I shifted uncertainly not knowing what to do. Pixie grabbed my arm and shoved me in a seat.

She sat in my lap and cuddled against me. I smile and wrap my arms around her. I listen to Rex and Ax chatter.about everything and to Pixie chiming in with some wit.

It all seemed like a dream to me. To good to be true. I bit my lip nervously and breathed deep. I actually felt safe here. I felt like I belonged and loved.

Pixie gasped. "Milo! Your eyes are glowing!"

Rex and Ax turned to see my eyes and both burst out in grins.

"What's going on?" I ask with a laugh.

"You're getting your Alpha powers Milo." Ax grinned even more.

"Ok. So what does that mean?" I say confusedly