Chapter 12

Toms hand slaps me across the face and he is tearing at my clothes. I am struggling to get away and screaming for help. I feel his claws ripping my back all the way down and tugging at my pants. I whimper and beg him to stop.

“MILO MILO!!! WAKE UP!!” Rex and Ax are shaking me awake.

I jerk in surprise and back up whimpering. Rex crawls over to me and holds out his hand.
“Milo. You are safe. No one will ever hurt you again.”

I hesitantly grab his hand and he yanks me to him. He is really strong for being so little. I am crushed into him with a hug. He is rocking me back and forth while rubbing my back. I noticed I still have tears running down my face. Ax leans down and I flinch. I don’t trust alphas.

“Milo I swear I wont hurt you.” Ax smiled gently at me as he pulled Rex and I into his arms.

We all sat there cuddle together for hours. I feel so safe with them wrapped around me. I don’t want it to end. I feel a gentle shake and I open my eyes. I feel asleep for the first time without nightmare because of Ax and Rex.

Rex is smiling at me. “Hey sleepy head lets go eat breakfast.”

I nodded and he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the kitchen. It was huge and wonderfully beautiful with oak cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Some one had already made some food so Rex just grabbed plates and handed me one.

“Get as much as you want Milo.” He told me while he fixed his plate.

I stare at the massive amounts of food everywhere Pancakes, bacon, eggs, bagels, sausage and some biscuits. I grabbed a little bit of bacon and eggs with a few pancakes. I know I wont be able to eat much and I didn’t want to waste it. I sat with Rex and ate a few bites. My stomach protesting the food since I haven’t eaten in so long.

“Just eat slow Milo. Your stomach will settle down.” Rex patted my hand comforting

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I ask curiously.

“I have been mistreated before not as bad as you but still. I had Ax to help me and fix me. You need someone to.” Rex explained.

I muttered thanks and continued to eat. After breakfast Rex dragged me to the doctors office to have a full evaluation of my health. Also he wanted to know how long it will take me to heal. I look at Rex curiously. Why does he want to know that? The doctor explained to us that with how many injuries I have had over the last 7 years it will take me a few weeks to heal.

The doctor pulled Rex away and they talked quietly for a few mintues. I could tell it was a bad conversation with the look on Rexs face. Rex walked over to me and hesitated.

“Milo… The doctor said that most of your bones have healed wrong and that might be the reason you are in most of your pain right now.” He sighed and I kept looking at him waiting for the other news.
“He is going to have to break them and reset them Milo.”

“No!” I glared at them and stood up. “I am not doing that. Rex you said I wouldn’t get hurt any more!” I snarled at them.

“Milo! You don’t have a choice! It is to help you out!” Rex cried as a few more wolves came in to pin me down.

I started to run but was caught around the waist and felt a prick in my neck. Everything went hazy as I saw Rexs face hovering above mine mouthing something. Rex was crying and I frowned. I tried to lift my arm up to wipe away his tears but I couldn’t move. I started breathing faster when I felt hands on me. I whimpered out and struggled.

Rexs voice popped into my ear. “Its ok Milo. Its ok don’t panic.”

I smiled at his voice and snuggled my face into his arm while I passed the rest of the way out.