Chapter 13

I wake up in a haze. My eyes don't want to stay open. I try to move but I can't. I am strapped down on a bed and my whole body aches. I look down to see casts on almost all my body. My ribs are wrapped up tight and both my arms and legs are covered. I see Rex half asleep beside me while holding my hand. I am confused. I dont know whats going on. I am hurt again but Rex had promised me that I wouldnt get hurt again.

Ax walked in and sighed at Rex. "Baby come to bed. You have been like this for 3 days. He won't notice you are gone."

Rex growled at him. "I AM NOT leaving. I told him he wouldnt be hurt anymore and I let this happen. Do you think he will understand? NO! When he wakes up he will panic and bolt. I have to be here to explain!"

Ax sighed and pulled Rex in his lap. Ax kissed him gently. " I'll stay with you love. I worry about him to. I cant believe how much he was hurt before.  He is strong baby he will make it."

All of a sudden it feels like fire is going threw my body. Like i was just injected with silver.

I moan out. "No more silver"

Rex and Ax shot up and Ax stood beside me. "Silver? You were injected with silver?

I cry out yes. Rex ran out of the room.

"How much? How many times? Milo?" Ax grabbed my face and made me look at him. He looked panicked.

"Almost everyday for the last couple of years." I whimper out and snuggle my head into his chest. "It hurts. Make it stop."

Ax is rubbing my back and rocking me when the doctor comes in. I try to hide behind Ax as he tells the doctor what i said. Ax pulls me out of his arms and lays me down.

"Milo. You are safe. The doctor is going to help you. You have to let him help you."  Ax told me gently and held my hand.

I whimpered out and nodded yes still terrified. The doctor put another IV in my arm and started draining my blood. My breathing started going faster and Ax started stroking my hair calming me down. Ax pointed to a machine that my blood was into.

"Its cleaning your blood Milo. So no more silver will be in your system. See its connected to you here so your blood comes back into you clean. It wont hurt anymore" Ax told me.

Ax sat beside me holding my hand and Rex sat in his lap. Rex started stroking my arm. I smiled at them weakly as i drifted off to sleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jerked up wide awake. I cant tell if what I remember was a dream or not. I looked around and see Rex and AX curled up together in a chair. Rex looked comfortable on Ax but Ax was in a weird position. I am sure that will hurt when he wakes up. It was cute how Ax had Rex in his arms protectively.My heart hurt with longing for Liam Slade. I sighed out. I looked at Rex and his eyes popped open. Which scared me cause he was staring right at me with bright glowing eyes. I screamed out in surprise. Ax jumped up awake looking for danger but in doing so he dumped Rex on the floor.

Rex glared up at him and growled. Ax looked around then looked down confused.

"You idiot! You dropped me on the floor!" Rex huffed out.

"But I heard a scream...." Ax trailed off uncertain.

I busted out laughing at them. They looked at me in surprise and both grinned. Ax helped up Rex and came and sat on my bed. They looked at me with concern.

"Milo.. How do you feel?" Rex asked me worried.

"Honestly? I have never felt this good in my life! My body aches some but its hardly noticable. What happened?" I asked both of them.

"The doctors had to rebreak your bones so you could heal correctly. We knocked you out though so you wouldnt feel it." Rex told me guiltly.

Ax rubbed his back and looke at me. "We didnt know about the silver. When your bones healed wrong the silver was trapped in there. Even if your bones healed right silver still would have been trapped in your body. So when the doctor rebroke your bones all of the sliver came rushing into your blood stream from being trapped. We cleaned out your blood by taking it out and heating it and putting it back in . Durning that time we kept your bones broken so no silver will be trapped in your system at all."

I looked at them shocked. Rex wouldnt look at me and he his face was covered in guilt. Ax looked at me with warriness. I cant believe I didnt remember any of that.

"How long was I out? Damn!" I blurted out.

"2 weeks now. You were put in a coma so you wouldnt feel the pain." Ax told me rubbing my arm.

I pulled them both to me and snuggled into them smiling. "Thank you. It had to be done but you didnt let me feel the pain"

Rexs face lightened up and he grinned. " Your body isnt so malnourshied anymore because of the feeding tube we put in and your bones are almost healed all the way!"

" So when can I leave this room?" I grinned at them.