chapter 22

Every step was closer to his house. I feel like I can’t breathe. Ax told Liam Slade that Chris wanted to visit home and Pixie was coming along for protection with Jacob. He had no clue I was almost at his house. I can feel myself start to shake and suddenly I have an overwhelming urge to throw up. I stop walking and shake my head. This was too much for me. We were so close to my father’s pack I could almost smell them and I couldn’t face Slade I turned around and ran. I made it a few feet and hunched over and threw up what little I had eaten that morning. Pixies light hands where on my back rubbing it. I stepped away from where I threw up and sat down.

“I can’t do this.” I said shaking.

“Yes you can. Come on you practiced telling us over and over what happened to you. You have to tell him.” Jacob said sitting in front of me.

“Yeah Milo. Alpha Slade is a good guy. He will help you out when he knows. It will be ok.” Chris told me while playing with my hair.

I took a few deep breaths and nodded. We all stood up and finished walking to the pack house. A few wolves were standing outside.

“Hey. I am here to see your Alpha. Can you tell me where he is? Chris and Jacob are here for a visit and I am supposed to tell him when we arrive.” I smile at the boys half lying about why we were there.

“He is in his office on the second floor.” One of the guys said.

I nodded and went into the house alone. I didn’t want them to walk me to the door because I would never have gone in by myself. I headed up the stairs and concentrated on breathing. I remembered where it was from being here before. I distracted him to no end that day teasing and kissing him. I smile at the memory as I knock on the door.

“Yeah? Come in!” He called out. I opened the door slowly and took a breath.

“Hello Alpha Liam Slade. I came to talk to you so please don’t attack me.” I stated to him deadpanned as he growled at me.

“Fine! Talk! I would love to hear what you have to say.” He snarled.

The tone of his voice almost made me shake but I shook it off and glared at him. I won’t be afraid of anyone anymore. That part of my life is over.

“The Alpha of the Midnight run pack is my father. When I was 10 I told him I was gay. It made him take away my rights as the next Alpha and he started to beat me. Every single day! I was 11 when I was first injected with silver and meet Tom. I was stupid enough to think he was giving me medicine to help the pain go away so I didn’t fight it that ONE TIME! After Tom injected me he... he raped me.” My voice broke some but I continued on. “It happened way before I met you. It continued to happen all these years. I never told you because I didn’t feel like I was worth enough to cause a war. That night when you thought I was cheating I wasn’t. I was injected with some drug for the first time. It made me look like I was willing but I WASN’T. My dad told you a bunch of lies.”

I stared at him the whole time I spoke but his expression never changed. He didn’t believe me.

“You don’t believe me?” my voice broke as I spoke in a whisper.

“No. Get out.” He growled.

I stumbled out of his office fighting to breathe. A heavy weight was on my chest and crushing my heart and I almost tumbled down the stairs. I can feel him following me making sure I leave. I am fighting the tears in my eyes willing them not to fall as we stepped outside. Pixie is yelling at Aaron. I stumble over to her and Aaron lets out a growl. Pixie smashed her fist in his face and snarled protectively over me. I am clutching my chest taking short breaths.