Chapter 5

Panic filled my body and I feel frozen. "No one! No one is hurting me! You need to leave it alone!" I said urgently. He just looked at me. "Slade! please! Just leave it alone!"

He chuckled at me. "I thought I told you to call me Liam."

 I shrugged. "I like Slade better."

He sighed and leaned back. "You are not going to tell me anything are you?"

 "Nope" I smiled at him.

 It feels weird to smile. He laughed. "What time is it anyways?"

 I look around for a clock. He rolled his eyes and looked at his phone. "Its 6 in the morning."

"Ohh" I nod. I must have passed out around 2 and woke up around 5. I never sleep long. The nightmare I have wont let me stay asleep for long.

"So Miloo" Slade drawled out. "How old are you?"

"16. My birthday is in a week though." I wince at that though. I don’t want to go through the pain of changing. I don’t want the beating that will come. He will most likely kill me this time and I don’t think ill find a mate that will make everything better.

 "How old are you?" I ask curiously

" 23. Are you excited to find your mate?" He smiled at me.

"No. I don't want to find my mate." I looked down wincing. It would be a girl wouldn’t it? I don’t want a girl.

He looked shocked. "What! WHY! I can’t wait to find mine!"

"I'm gay. I don't have a guy mate. It’s unheard of." Tears filled my eyes and I looked out the window.

His hands were on mine. "Hey look at me."

I looked in his eyes. "Its not unheard of. I know an Alpha with a guy mate."

 I looked shocked unable to speak. "Yes I am telling the truth." He laughed at the expression on my face.

We sat in silence for awhile his hands still holding mine. Tears were still in my eyes and I was breathing deep. It was hard for me to believe that I might actually be love for who I am instead of being beat for it. For someone to hold me and not hit me. To make everything Ive been threw just go away. Would they want me after what I have been through? I realized my hands were still in his and his is looking at me concerned. I jerked my hands back and blushed.

 "Thanks." I smile weakly at him.

"Its not a problem. Ok? you can come to me for anything." He grinned at me. "I have to get ready for class. You can stay in here if you want."

He got up and walked to his desk. I am wondering why he has taken such an interest in me. Its weird that someone might actually care.

"Can I eat lunch in here today?" I ask nervously.

"Sure thing. I don't mind." He said gathering up papers on his desk and writing on the board.

I look out the window and see everyone starting to pull in and talk. I sighed I hope they leave me alone today. I still hurt from last night. I try to make myself invisible to everyone as they come into the class.