Chapter 19

"I want to take Rex out of town. It is our anniversary and I want to do something special. We will be gone for like a week. I was wondering if you were up to being Alpha while I am gone?" Ax asked me.

"What! I cant do that! Your pack will fall apart if I try!" I exclaime.

Ax shook his head at me. "Milo I have complete faith in you. I know you can do this and if you do run into something you dont know how to handle Pixie will be here. She is my Beta and does this all the time. Please? We really need some time away. Rex is being distant and I dont know what to do."

I sighed and looked at him. How could I say no? I even saw that Rex was pulling himself away from Ax. They were the couple I want Slade and I to be. I will do anything to help them.

"I will do it." I smiled at his reliefed expression.

"Good cause we are leaving tonight." Ax walked out of the kitchen at my shocked face.

I follow him upstairs to find Rex. He was in there room throwing some clothes on. Ax went to kiss him but he moved away. I could feel the pain coming from Ax but he kept smiling.

"Baby pack your bags for a week trip!" Ax grabbed the suitcase from the closet.

Rex stared at him. "Why?"

"Our anniversary is this week and I planned a trip. You will love it." Ax smiled gently at him.

"Who is going to watch the pack? Pixie cant keep doing it everytime you have a whim Axel." Rex snapped out.

"I am going to watch the pack. It will be like a trial run to see if I can do it or not. Its my idea for me to do it. I am ready." I lie to Rex with a smile on my face. I hate lying but it seemed to persuade him.

Ax mouthed thank you to me and helped Rex pack. It didnt take them long and Ax was driving off to god know where.

I looked over at Pixie. "You arent going to let this be like my cooking are you? I cant fuck up."

"Dont worry Milo. You wont have to make any huge decisions that can all wait till Ax comes back. The only thing you would have to worry about is some sort of attack on us. Which wont happen." Pixie smiled at me.

"Lets go train one on one. I feel like I need to do something." I pulled her outside.

After training I walked around the pack territory. Most the pack members knew I was an Alpha but didnt know why I havent had the training yet. They all smiled at me and encouraged me by saying I will do a great job this week.

I grinned knowing this is how my pack should have been towards me. I knew that no matter what happened with my fathers pack or with me and Slade this pack will always be a home to me. My wolf agreed of things went wrong with either of them we would be happy here not being an alpha.

The power that I felt being alpha was just so right. It was rightfully mine. I never felt so complete and never had my wolf so happy. A few of the wolves around my age invited me for a run ad I gladly accepted.

I let us run the boarder even though we already had a patrol out. Never can be to carefull. We picked up a strange scent along the way and followed it. In the woods were 2 guys standing there. They didnt smell like rouges and looked familiar. As we approached I couldnt believe who it was.

Jacob and Chris were standing at the forest line. I walked up and growled viciously.

"We are seeking acceptance into your pack Alpha. My mate and I want peace. We mean no harm." Jacob said.

I ordered the wolves to surround them and went behind a tree to change back and throw my pants on.

I walked out and smirked at Jacobs shocked looked. I knew he recognized me even though I look different. Infact I grew almost 6 inchs making me 5'9. I had a healthy weight on me because I was actually fit now. I had an 8 pack and everything was toned. My hair was silky and hanging infront of my eyes.

"You mean no harm? Really? Did you mean no harm when you told my father about my mate." I snarled.

He paled. "I had to! He had Chris! He was going to hurt him like he hurt you! I couldnt let that happen."

I sighed. "Follow me!"

I walked to the pack house and called Pixie to me. I walked out of ear shot of Jacob and Chris and explained everything about him to her.

"So what kind of power do I have here? Do I have the power to let them stay or kick them out?" I whispered to her.

"You can do what you want with them. Ax will make a final decision when he gets back but he will support you in what you decide." She smiled at me.

I walked over to them and stared at Jacob.

"So can we stay?" Jacob asked nervously