Chapter 23

Pixie

It was still raining when we found him. Well I should say Liam. Liam was running toward us with Milo in his arms blood was everywhere, His arms where a cut up mess along with his chest. I cried out and tried to stop Liam as he went to run past. He snarled at me viciously and I backed up. Finally, He was starting to act like a mate. We all ran after him and crammed into his pack doctors office. Milo moaned out softly.

“WAIT!” I screamed out. “Don’t you share the pack doctor with Midnight run?” I question Liam.

He froze and nodded at me. “Then you can’t let him near Milo! One, It will freak him out and emotionally scar him! Two, He will hurt Milo and tell his father!” I snarled out.

“Give him to me. I can help him. Let’s take him upstairs.” I ordered him not caring what he will do to me. I am panicking about Milo. He is still bleeding.

Aaron distracted the doctor when he came in so we could sneak him out. Jacob and Chris stole the supplies I needed. I watched as Liam gently laid him down in a bed. I walked closer and he growled at me.

“Stop! I know he is your mate but I have to help him.” I growled back

I started gently washing his wounds and wincing as he whimpered out. He was fading in and out opening his emerald green eyes that are filled with pain, every so often. I put antiseptic on his cuts and start to bandage him up.

“Please let me die. I am not worth anything. I am useless. I want to die.” Milo whimpered out grabbing my arm before he passed out again.

Tears filled my eyes and I turned and glared at Liam. “Do you believe him now? He did this because he can’t take being hurt anymore. What you did just shattered him. He was barley put together and holding on and you ruined it. I don’t know how to save him from his mate.”

Liam didn’t say anything to me as I finished wrapping his bandages. All we could do was wait. I did all I could. I walked out of the room as I took deep breaths. Aaron walked up behind me and hugged me. I shrugged him off.

“I don’t need your comfort.” I said shaky

“Baby let me hold you. I want comfort as much as you do.” He nuzzled my neck.

My wolf howled in joy at his touch. She is telling me to trust and open up to him. I sigh and trust my wolf. I turn and hug him fiercely and start to cry into his chest. He rubs my back and just holds me. I feel like I am complete in his arms. I just wish Milo had this.

Milo…

My body hurts. The memory of what happened comes rushing back. I sigh quietly and look around the room. Slade is sitting beside me asleep. My hand is clasped in his. Well that’s confusing. I jerk my hand out of his and smack him in the chest. I stare at him as he jolts awake.