Chapter 1

The air was warm, but it felt even warmer as blood seemed to constantly rush to my cheeks. It was dark and you could hear the crying of crickets throughout the wheat field behind us. The embers in the fire cracked and sizzled and smoke danced above, Tipsy took a big gulp from his can.

"You know this is nice, fuck man, we've been working our ass's off trying to get this album done. It feels good to just, sit, you know?" Pricetag said in a groggy voice slouched leisurely in his chair, his leather jacket slowly slipping off his shoulder.

"Cheers to that brother!" Ribs slurred and raised his drink in the sky before tanking the rest of it.

"Cheers!" We chanted and all did the same. I finished my drink with a satisfying "ahh," and grabbed another one from under my chair. It was going to be the last one for the night, and that would make about four, wait no five? Something like that.

Everyone was calm and relaxed, warm and comfortable by the heat of the fire and the gentle breeze that rippled through the trees. Cameron's parents' house was our main hang out spot becuase the big backyard he had. We were able to hang out without bothering his parents, not that they really cared too much anyway. They were nice folks, who seemed to really enjoy company.

It had been a long week and Pricetag wasn't lying when he said we'd been working our ass off to finish this album. It was our third album and we were working it to the bone to be the best. So far we were about halfway done with it, but there were certain songs we just couldn't grasp. It was either the lyrics were off or the beat was off, and sometime we just rewrote the song completely.

Trying to get our name out there was a big deal to Grayson, which was ironic considering we basically didn't even have a name. I didn't mind though. Grayson decided to name us NameLess becuase he didn't want to put a label on our band or music. I kinda liked that about it, it was a little unique.

Lucas Maleadow the "Doc" sat beside me, leaning back in his chair as he gazed into the flames, sipping his drink. Cameron Fray "Tipsy" sat opposite to me and he was talking to Grayson Price "Pricetag" about his car problems. Mason "Ribs" sat in silence as he lit his last smoke.

"Fuck, I'm outta smokes. You boys wanna come to the store with me real quick?" Ribs stood up, a little less gracefully due to his buzz.

"Well, you'll be fucked if you go alone ya drunk. Come on buddy, let's go." Tipsy stood up and brushed his shaggy blue hair out of his face.

"I wouldn't be one to talk there pal, excuse me sir, sir could you walk in a straight line for me please." Mason pointed at an imaginary line infront of Tipsy at which he tried to walk, but failed.

"Wait you guys are going, lemme come, I need some snacks or something," pricetag got out of his seat, but not without stumbling over it first.

"Oooo, Price's got the muchies, haha!" Tipsy held onto Grayson's shoulder as they walked around to the driveway.

"You guys wanna come?!" Mace the ace called back, I shook my head and smiled.

"I believe in you guys. Call me if you get lost!" I teased and sat further back in my chair. Mason pointed at Lucas who also shook his head and gestured to his drink.

"Nahhh, I wouldn't make it!" He chuckled as he took another sip. Mason shrugged and left with the others. Their laughter slowly faded away, and the loudest sound was the crickets. It sounded like an orchestra, some were fast successions of high pitches, some were as low and slow as a bass.

"So, how's the whole paramedic training thing going?" I asked Lucas as he sat peacefully beside me. The Golden flames of the fire reflected off the crystal studs in his ears.