Chapter 38

I felt anxious. I was on my toes. Worried that Ollie or anyone would find out about our plan, and that Grayson would get caught doing it. Grayson's sneaky, he's always been the oiled up sneaky greaser with heavy pockets. I'm sure he wouldn't do anything he can't handle.

I need Grayson to do this because being around Robert is putting me on edge. I can't lose my composure around him. It might set him off.

"Lucas." Ollie cried.

"Yes?" I moved away from the small table, watching the sunrise, to Ollie's side.

"Do you think I'm going to make it in time for the tour?" His voice dripped with worry. I smiled.

"Yeah, I think you will. You'll just have to take it a little easy." He sighed.

"Look Ollie, I know it's been hard but your doing amazing. It'll be okay, I promise." I tried to relax him but he looked distraught.

"We won't be able to practice enough," he whined. It was my turn to sigh.

"Ollie, it'll be okay. Your healing really fast, doctors said that in two weeks you'll be able to go home." His face didn't change.

"I don't want to go home, I want to stay with you." My heart was breaking in my chest for him.

"I want that too Ollie."

The day was quiet, Ollie watching TV, taking him to the bathroom, nurses fed him something other than soup for once. When night started to fall, I was wondering when I'd hear from Grayson. He hadn't messaged me or called me since we talked. Maybe he was deciding to go through with it or not.

"Lucas." Ollie called, slowly sitting up in his bed.

I looked up at him.

"Can I take a shower?" He groaned, he looked so drowsy and tired, I just wanted him to sleep.

"You can't by yourself, you aren't supposed to get your bandages wet." I scowled back.

He whined in response, letting out an exaggerated sigh.

"But I feel greasy and disgusting and I smell like fucking dog shit!" He sat there pouting and all I could think about was how adorable he was.

"Someone needs to help you," I edged further.

"Someone...."

"Like you."

My eyes narrowed and pink simmered to the surface of his skin, blushing his cheeks.

"Unless you'd prefer an actual nurse." I looked away, staring at the tv.

"I think I like a certain paramedic that's been lingering around actually." I couldn't help but smirk a little. Meeting his eyes, he was smirking too.

"Your a cheeky little thing aren't you?" I chuckled as I walked over to him, he was taking the blankets off of him.

"Now, I should tell you, there's a certain way to wash injured patients." I slowly helped him move his legs to hang off the bed.

"The safest way is to fill a bucket or the bathtub with warm water, and use a cloth and soap to scrub and clean the skin. You'll have to sit in a shower chair to avoid your bandage getting wet." I informed him as I held him to my chest, lifting him off the bed and onto his feet.

"Okay." He whispered. Taking a deep breath before we took slow easy steps towards the bathroom.

"Just say, and I'll pick you up and take you there." I had my arm wrapped around his waist, my other was out for his hand to hold. He kept a tight grip.