chapter 27

All morning Lucas and I stole glances from each other, followed by secret smirks. No one else even noticed, it was our little secret. At one point when he caught me staring, he licked his lips ever so seductively, but again no one even noticed. The garage, as we normally call it, was unusually hot today, but outside was a cold, windy storm. We kept the smaller door open with the brick, and I fanned my shirt over my stomach.

"Oh my god, it's so hot in here." I groaned, wiping a trickle of sweat off my forehead.

"I know, it doesn't help that were working our ass's off." Grayson chuckled, sitting over on the black leather couch we had facing opposite from our 'stage'. Our stage was just the spot where we preformed all the music, had all the mics and amps. The rest of the storage unit had a mini fridge for beers and water, a table and some chairs, the couch, and near the stage area was the computer set up.

Lucas was at the table, sketching in his notebook he brought in his bag. In the computer chair, I sat facing him, pretending to be on my phone like everyone else while we were taking a break. He glanced over, and quickly darted his eyes to everyone else, checking if we had privacy.

Still fanning my shirt, I flapped it up higher, revealing my hips and stomach, making sure I was flexing while doing so. Lucas discretely shook his head smiling and continued back to his drawing.

For a few hours I was editing our songs and learning things on the computer, watching YouTube videos and getting distracted. Ribs set up his guitar and gave me a few small tunes to play around with and practice on. We found some pretty cool blurring techniques, to make it have this under water bass affect. We thought about using it for our outro for this song because it lingered for a few minutes and slowly got quitter until the song ended. I also played around with some echoing effects on Grayson's voice, which he wasn't the biggest fan of.

Around 3:00-3:30 PM everyone was starting to look pretty tired.

"I think I'm kind of done for today." Mason said as he grabbed his coat off one of the chairs, Grayson had been texting on his phone for an hour and Tipsy was organizing the beer fridge.

"I think its time we head out." Grayson agreed, still not looking up from his phone. I spun around in my chair at the desk.

"I think I'm gonna hang here and fiddle with some stuff. I don't wanna ruin my focus." I explained as they started crowding near the door, fixing their sweaters and jackets. Mason lit a cigarette with some trouble thanks to the wind.

"Lucas?" He mumbled, a cigarette between his lips and smoke escaping from his mouth.

"I'm good, I wanna finish this drawing." He said without looking up, aggressively moving his pencil across the paper.

"Okay, peace," mason said before leaving and waving a quick goodbye.

"Bye guys!" Cameron said with his goofy smile, zipping up his jacket.

"Ollie, here!" Grayson threw the keys to me and fist pumped Lucas before leaving.

"Thanks!" I called back. He honked the horn a few times in a strange rhythm before leaving. I smiled at the door, watching the car pull away. What a bunch of morons.

I stood up stretching from my seat, my arms felt stiff and sore. Walking over to Lucas, I looked down at his drawing, it was a mockup for a poster he was making of all of us.

"Holy shit, that's sick!" I chuckled excitedly. He stopped shading for a moment to let me look at it. I was in complete awe, he drew everyone perfectly. We were all up on stage, as if we were playing at a concert. Our banner and name was above us in fine, explosive detail.