Decisions

(De Andre's POV)

Stefan parks his car and we exchanged numbers so we can easily get in contact with each other. I thanked him for the ride. I grabbed my backpack from the backseat and walk to the front door opening it with my keys. My fictional mom comes downstairs wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and wedges.

"Hello, little dragon," she said kissing me on the cheek.

"Hey, mom how was your day?" I asked her

"My day was beautiful it won't be long until I open my flower shop in town. 'Stephanie's blossoms' I can not wait for the grand opening!" She is enthusiastic today. I never knew she was opening a flooring shop, I keep learning new things every day about this family. She walked to the dining room table to fix the flowers in the flower pot. she turned to me.

"How was your day?" She asked me as she sat at the table. I sat across from her throwing my book bag down.

"It was long and interesting. I am partners with a student I am not fond of at all. The football coach wants me to play football." I say and she moved closer to me.

"Football? projects? an interesting week so far." She laughs.

"I was just at my partner's house. I'm starting to ease up around him a little. He still seems uptight. The football, I am not too sure about." I said to her.

she reached over to rub my hand.

" I think in either situation you could make a friend that would be good for you. If you play football, it would be a good stress reliever and you could make friends with guys I hope aren't too much of the jock stereotype." I laugh with her and she continues.

"The partner you have for this project I suggest, to make available for each other and try to get it done early for editing. I still think in either situation a friend will be made even if you think otherwise." She said looking at me.

In football, I am being threatened with my sister as a tool for games by asshole Tanner which is making it hard not to say "no". Stefan being a vampire doesn't have a friend but Lexie who dies. I don't want to be friends with him because this can lead to consequences for me. We would not make good friends and please, do not get me started on his brother Damon.

"Thanks, mom, I will sleep on it," I responded grabbing her hand with a smile. she gave me a sincere smile saying dinner will be ready in an hour. She got up from the table and I just stayed there, sulking.

////////////////////////////////////

I washed the dishes after dinner which relaxed me a little. My brain is now in twists on this problem for my math class and I heard a knock. I put my pencil down answering the person behind the door.

"Come in," I said. Amina comes into my room dressed in a new outfit with her keys in her hand.

"Hey, I'm going to the town square to watch the comet. you coming with me?" She asks.

"I do not think so, I am kind of drained from the events of today." I do not want to be around Stefan and Elena. They make me want to drink acid from their loving looks at each other.

"You sure? the girls will be there especially Elena" she teased with a big smile that could rival fictional mom.

"Nah sis, I am good. You go have a good time. Text or call me when you get there safely." I said to her.

"Okay, love you egg head," she says leaving my room with haste.

I almost told her, "love you too" the longer I am here the more I feel like this is my real family. It is scary and reassuring at the same time. I finished my math homework then went to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I enter into my room to slam my body on to a bed with warm covers and fluffy pillows. I am willing to invite sleep.

Unknowingly to De Andre, there is a figure outside his window gazing at him with longing glowing eyes saying one word.

"Soon."