Lost and found

(De Andre's POV)

I wake up dazed and confused. Where am I? I looked around to see rotten floorboards and peeling walls. I got up slowly with a hand to my head.

"Embrace your destiny."

"You are the one"

"Old one"

"Powerful"

Where are these voices coming from? I run to the door but it is locked. I try to open the door but it would not budge.

"Welcome"

"Welcome"

"Welcome"

"Let me out!" I screamed making the door fly open. I ran into the woods like a mad man on a mission. I am tired, hungry, and lost. I keep walking until I find an opening to a road. I look both ways for a car to drive me back to town. My energy decreases with every step on the isolated road. The sun, bright in the sky makes me sweat.

I wipe the perspiration from my face as I continue forward. I hope I can make it. My feet are dragging on the pavement and my body collapses on this deserted road. I can not push forward anymore. I am exhausted. Before I know it I am asleep.

////////////////////////////////////////

I wake up again in a hospital room hooked up to wires. Thankfully, it is not that creepy house again. I looked to the left to see Amina slumped in the chair asleep. I am glad she is here. My throat is very dry and a little sore. I looked up to see the tv muted on a soap opera. The room is decorated with cards, flowers, and balloons. Mom walks through the door with red eyes. She looks at me and froze.

I wave my hand to her. Mom scrambles to my bed throwing her warm frame on mine. She cries tears of relief. I danced my fingers through her thick coiled hair. Amina wakes up yawning ten minutes later. She stretches her arms above her head and looked at me.

"Egghead?" she said in disbelief. I nod my head to her. She leaps out of the chair to tackle me in a hug. I grunt from the force. I let mom and Amina lay on me crying. I embrace them both in my arms relieved to be alive and surrounded by family.

///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

After the tears of joy and hugs, mom got me a glass of water with a doctor to check me over. He examined my eyes, mouth, limbs, and head.

"Good thing that truck driver found you in time." the doctor said writing on his clipboard. Mom was by me rubbing my hand while Amina went to make a phone call.

"You were extremely dehydrated when you came through those front doors. The iv is helping you out. I think you should stay in the hospital for a few more days just to be safe." he said smiling.

"Thank you, doctor Powell." Mom kissed my head softly as the doctor left.

"Mom?" I murmured.

"Yes, my little dragon?" my throat hurt a little but I need answers.

"I did not mean to worry anyone. I was finding my way home when...." something attacked me. I do not know what or who it was.

"When?" she questioned. I looked around confused.

"I do not remember. Did I come to the hospital yesterday?" I asked taking the cold cup from the bed tray.

"No, you have been here for a week!" she said making me spill the water on my blanket. I felt the action but could not comprehend the sensation of the water leaking through the blanket to my gown.

"Dre, be careful honey. I will ask the nurse for a new gown and blanket." she kisses my cheek rushing out to the hallway. A week? in the hospital? I looked at the muted soap opera in disbelief when the door opened.

"You are awake." My head turns slowly to the door.......

Chapter note: Who do you think it is?