School Sucks

(De Andre's POV)

The last few nights have been horrible. I have not been sleeping well. I feel someone is watching me at night. The mere thought of it makes rough chills go up and down my entire being. The school will be tough today, my eyes are barely open. I am walking in the hallway yawning down the long stretch. I heard someone scream "Deandre! Wait up!" I stop in the middle of the hallway and turned around to see Matt Donovan.

"I thought I was gonna lose you in the sea of Mystic Fall students," he said smiling. He gestured to a black leather jacket in his hands.

"I wanted to give you back your jacket. Thank you for helping with Vicki." He gave me the jacket and put his hands in his jean pockets looking troubled.

"Hey is everything alright?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head.

"To be honest these last few weeks have been kind of strange from missing campers and Vicki being attacked, I do not know what is happening in this town." He says.

If only you knew the truth! I wanted to tell him but I kept my mouth shut. In the show, Matt was able to keep standing on his own two feet with mortality while other characters around him dealt with major consequences. Never made any sense to me.

I hit him on the shoulder smirking. "Hey, lighten up, nothing to worry about. I bet those campers will appear and Vicki is a strong girl." I said to him and he exhaled then tried to smile.

"I heard my coach really wants you on the team," he said to me.

"Yeah he does but I am not sure about it," I said as I gripped the strap on my book bag tighter.

"I think you should consider it. This town could use a championship to lighten up the mood." He says.

I leaned against the lockers looking at him and the only sport I ever played in my other world was basketball. I have taken into consideration the threats Mr. Tanner said to me. Today is my deadline.

"I have to get to class but I'll see you later De Andre," he said running down the hall. I looked around to I am one of a few students left in the hallways. Oh, fuck this won't be good.

I did not even care to get a note for Tanner's class. If he yells then I can take it. Tanner is about to close the classroom door when he saw me approaching.

"You are late Dragonmirth," he said casually.

"I know," I say when in reality, I do not care at all.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get in here!" he said retreating his form back into the class with me on his heels. I look to the back of the class for my seat that is taken by Elena and next to her guess who? Stefan Fucking Salvatore. I guess the couple's status is confirmed for them. The only seat available is in the middle row next to Bonnie. I maneuver through students to the seat. I sit down, looking inside my bag for my notebook.