1

*Mason*

It's almost the end of another day. The weather is cold and it looks like it's going to rain soon, might even be a storm. I finished cleaning the classroom so I packed my bag and headed out of the school.

I think I should have time to visit my mom before my dad gets home. I started to run to the nearest bus stop which wasn't that far away. I sat on the bench and waited for the bus. I can't wait till this year is over, I've saved up enough money to get an apartment and my teacher said that I can pet sit for her while she's working.

I looked at my phone and it's almost 4 fuck, I should've been faster, I think I missed the bus. In half an hour another one should be coming though. But it might start raining by then. I can already see some droplets.

I tapped my foot and started to chew on my lip. What do I do?

"Excuse me, may I sit here?" A guy came up to me. His arms are covered with tattoos and he has hypnotizing grey eyes.

"Y-yeah o-of c-course" I stuttered. Screw my stutter, it makes it harder for me to talk to people.

"You know, the bus doesn't come for another hour" the guy sat down next to me.

"I-I thought it's w-was half an-an hour"

"They changed the times again"

"D-d-damn-damn it" I sighed in frustration.

"I can drive you home if you want" the man offered.

"T-thanks b-but I'm go-going to the-the hospit—tal"

"I can get you there, it's going to rain soon and it would be a shame if you caught a cold"

"I-I don't wa-want to b-be a bur-burden-n"

"You won't be, I offered, my car is just over here"

The man got up and gave me a smile. I gave one back and stood up following him to his car. He's nice and he understands my stutter which a lot of people don't.

The man and I talked as he drove us to the hospital. His name is Darren and he works as a tattoo artist which is really cool. I've always wanted to learn how to do that stuff. We have a lot in common and I hope that we can be friends.

"I'm here to s-see Mrs.Rivera, I'm h-her son Mason" I told the lady at the front desk.

"Mason I told you that you can just go in and see her, you come here pretty much everyday" the lady smiled.

"E-every other day, and I-I would rather a-ask to be p-polite"

She gave me a smile and I walked to my moms hospital room. 314 room 314. I entered the room and my dad was already here. Oh no.

"Mason, baby come here" my mom held out her hand.

My dad glared at me but I ran over to my mom and gave her a hug.

"Tell me about your day baby" she kissed my head.

"Nothing too exciting happened today, how about you?"

"Oh you know the normal, I did have physical therapy today"

"That's amazing are you feeling any better"

"Mason, do not excite her, you will hurt her more" my dad raised his voice at me.

"S-sor-r-ry" I whispered

"Your stuttering has gotten better" my mom touched my cheek.

I gave her a smile as a felt my dad glare at me. "I-I know I o-o-only just go-got her-re but I have to go, a-a f-friend b-brought m-me and-d I don't want to k-keep him wai-waiting"

"That's perfectly fine, I love you so much my precious boy" my mom kissed my hand.

"I love you to-too mom, I'll see you Sat-Saturd-day afternoon alright"

"Of course"

I gave her a kiss goodbye and left as fast as I could. I feel horrible leaving her like that but my dad was scaring me.

I left the hospital and looked around the parking lot to find Darren's car. It's a black ordinary car, why does it have to be like regular cars. And this damn rain doesn't help either, it started to pour as I was in there.

"You worthless shit" my dad yelled and me pushing me to the ground.

I looked up at him and he's pissed off. What did I do? I don't know what thing I did to piss him off.

"You did this to her, if you haven't been born she wouldn't be in the god damn hospital fucking dying" my dad kicked me over and over nonstop.

"Get off of him" I heard a voice.

I looked over where the voice came from and it's Darren. He pushed my dad off of me and started to shout at him.

"Break up now" two police men held back my dad and Darren.

"That damn brat, he's the one who did this" My dad struggled against the police.

"Are you alright?" A police woman helped me up.

"Y-yes m-ma-ma'am, I-I'm s-sorry, m-my dad is h-having an-another breakd-down" I told her.

"Is he drunk?"

"N-no, he would n-never d-drink t-th-then see my m-mom"

"Do you have a way home"

"Yes ma'am"

She gave me a smile and went inside the hospital. Darren came up to me and looked over my face.

"Are you hurt?" He asked

I shook my head no and shivered a bit from the rain. Looking over to my dad he's heading to his car.

"Would you like to stay at my place for a bit till it's safe?"

I nodded and he led me back to his car. It was right in front of me this whole damn time!