23

*Mason*

Someone has been knocking on the door for the past 2 minutes and I don't want to get up. I'm tired and sore. I just want to sleep in. Especially since I'm not working today.

"Baaabe, get the door" I lightly pushed Hayden.

"They'll leave, just give it a minute" Hayden pulled me into his chest.

The knocking kept happening and it's really starting to annoy me. I'm guessing Hayden noticed that this person wouldn't leave anytime soon because he got up putting on clothes.

Fucking finally he got the door. Now I can go back to sleep. Sadly with no warmth though.

I smell food. What time is it? And why isn't Hayden back? Oh wait, he's the one making food.

I got up from bed and walked to the kitchen not bothering to put on clothes. It's not like Hayden hasn't seen me naked before.

"Babe what time is-" I stopped mid sentence as I saw my dad.

I quickly ran back to mine and Hayden's room trying to find clothes. I can hear Hayden laughing along with my dad.

Once I found a pair of sweatpants and a random tank top and went back with a huge blush of embarrassment on my face.

"Good morning babe" Hayden chucked.

"M-m-morning" I stuttered.

"Want coffee?" He asked.

I nodded and sat down at the kitchen island staring down at the table. I'm too embarrassed to say anything. I didn't know my dad was here.

Wait...my dad is here.

"Dad what the hell are you doing here?!" I practically shouted looking up at him.

This caused Hayden and my dad burst out laughing. I'm so confused. I didn't know he was getting out today.

"S-stop laugh-laughing" I groaned putting hiding my face with my hands.

"I got out last night and stayed at a motel near by" my dad rubbed my back.

"That's why the person never stopped knocking, it was your dad" Hayden put a cup of coffee in front of me along with a plate of eggs and bacon.

"So, when is your dad walking you down the isle" my dad asked.

"What? Why did you tell him? I wanted to tell him together"

"Babe, I asked if it was okay if I could propose a long time ago. Now hurry up and get ready, you have your speech therapy today"

"I have an idea, how about we reschedule the appointment and stay in watching movies all day"

"Nope, you have to go"

I stabbed the eggs with my fork staring at it. It could use a little bit of...

"Really? Are you using syrup on your eggs again?" Hayden grabbed the syrup from my hands.

"Hey give that back" I took the syrup back.

"Looks like you got your moms pregnancy craving food" my dad chuckled

"Just try it Hayden, it's not going to kill ya" I shoved my fork at his face dripping syrup and eggs on the counter.

"Get that out of my face" he made a gross look backing up a bit.

"You're no fun...hey dad...did mom ever try to make you eat this?" I asked eating my eggs.

"Yes she did, and just like Hayden I didn't eat it"

Just like Hayden? Is Hayden going to be like my dad if we have kids? I don't want that to happen.

"Babe? Are you okay?" Hayden asked me.

"I-I need to be al-alone" I got up from the breakfast stool and went into our room.

"Babe? I know you said you want to be alone but I want to know if you're okay" Hayden came in.

"I-I don't want you to be-become like my dad. Wh-what if you have a breakdown l-like him and hurt m-me and our kids. I don't want that"

"I won't ever do that. I promise you that I will always protect you"

"I'm just scared"

"I know. But you'll be fine I promise" Hayden came up to me and hugged me.

I hugged back trying to hold back my tears.

"Wait...kids?" Hayden pulled back looking at me.

"I-I uh...I just thought maybe one day we could adopt" I blushed.

"You're so fucking cute. I love you so much" Hayden kissed me.

I kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Do you still want to be alone?" Hayden broke the kiss.

"Just for a bit."

"Alright. If you're still in here before your appointment then I'll come get you" Hayden told me as he left.

Oh my god I can't believe that I just told him that I wanted kids. I'm not even ready for kids. I was just thinking far ahead into the future. I hope he knows that I mean like, late 20's is probably a good time for kids.