21

*Mason*

"Hey babe" Hayden came up to me as I cleaned a table.

"Hey, I don't get off till 10 minutes" I looked at him.

"I know, but I wanted you to make me some coffee before your speech therapy"

"Shit I forgot about that. Do you want your usual?" I asked walking to the coffee counter.

"Yes please"

I grabbed a coffee cup and started to make his coffee. I giggled to myself as I did the latte art. It's a penis. I messed up the heart but I think this is much better.

"What are you giggling about?" Hayden asked.

"Nothin, here's your coffee" I gave him a big smile.

"I love you" Hayden sighed.

"I like you too, let me finish up then we can go"

I went to the back to clock out and one of my coworkers was giving himself a stick and poke tattoo of something that Darren had. I stared at him grabbing my chest. Not now, please not now.

"You good?" My coworker looked up at me.

I nodded and quickly clocked out.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, just make sure the manager doesn't see you doing this"

I left and grabbed Hayden's wrist walking out. I went up to his car trying to open the door but it's locked.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Hayden asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

I pushed it off and started hyperventilating. This is stupid, it's been 3 years since what happened but I'm still getting flashbacks.

Headphones were put on top of my head and music started playing. I gripped onto the headphones trying to calm down my breathing.

Hayden opened the door and helped me in. He buckled me and and shut the door going to his side. When he got in a grabbed his hand putting it against my face.

"Hey, I'm visiting my dad, do you wanna come?" I asked Hayden.

"I'm sorry but I can't, I got called into work"

"Alright, but I'm gonna go now so I don't miss the bus. I like you" I kissed his cheek before leaving.

I looked at my phone making sure that I have my emergency contacts ready. I got to the bus stop and right on time because the bus just showed up.

"Hey dad" I walked to the round table where my dad sat at.

"Hey bud, I have some good news" My dad gave me a smile.

"Really? What's up?"

"I'll be released soon. And I promise you I will not drink ever again and I'll never hurt you again" my dad reassured me

"That's great. You really have gotten better. I'm happy that you're back to your normal self"

"Me too. And it seems that your speech therapy is going great."

"Yeah, but my stutter comes back when I'm really nervous or when I'm around people who I don't really know or scared or really excited. Just any intense emotion really"

"How's Hayden?"

"He's good. He couldn't come in since he got called into work again. He's been working a lot which is making me worried about his health"

"He's a strong boy, you know if there's a problem he will do something about it. Remember his last job?"

"Oh god yeah. He didn't even have time to take care of himself. I'm sorry for making this short but I have to leave early, I work in the morning"

"Alright, have a goodnight"

"You too dad"

We both got up and hugged each other. I left the building and made sure I had my emergency calls ready before I walked walked out. My dad is in a much better shape than he was before. He's like an actual loving dad. I'm really happy that he's getting out soon. He's been working so much to get better. And he got a lot better when he got into rehab.

"BABE" Hayden jumped in front of me making me drop my coffee.

"S-shit y-you scared me-me" I stuttered out.

"Sorry, I just missed your stutter. Reminds me when we first met"

"V-very funny" I rolled my eyes picking up the broken mug.

"Oh, I'm also taking you out tonight. I finally have a day off"

"That's amazing. I've been really missing you" I kissed his lips.

Hayden helped me clean up the coffee mess and I made a new cup. Hayden hugged me from behind kissing my cheek.

"What are you doing" I chuckled.

"I wanna hold you" Hayden kissed down to my neck.

I turned around to face him and kissed his lips. He kissed back pulling me in closer. My hands went up his shirt as his went in my pants. Hayden unbuttoned my jeans and I quickly stopped him out of panic.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered out.

"No, don't be sorry. Im the one who started it."

"I thought I wouldn't panic but I did. Hayden I'm scared that I won't be able to do it with you because of him. I really really really want to do it but I just can't"

"Babe. It's okay. You're making a lot of progress. You couldn't even say that you like me till what? Almost half a year now? Take your time. What happened was very traumatic for you"

"I know but it hurts because I really want to to tell you the L word and how much I want to have sex with you"

"And I will stay here with you until you can. I won't pressure you into doing anything that's triggering."

Hayden wiped my tears that I didn't realize that I had before kissing my head.

"If you want I can also say that I like you instead of saying love" he moved the hair out of my face.

"But I want you to keep saying that. It gave me the confidence to say that I like you" I frowned.

"Alright, I'll keep saying that I love you then. Because I really do love you. Everything about you I love"