10

^^Hayden^^

Little a/n idk how cremations work or anything so just go with it please

*Mason*

"Darling, you need to eat" Darren stroked my cheek.

I shook my head no feeling numb inside. It's been a couple of days and she's being cremated tomorrow. I know I should bury her but it feels wrong. I feel like I would be so far away from her if we did that.

I know my mom would rather me do this than bury her. She's always told me go with what feels right. With her ashes we're going to have a small necklace with some of it in it. And even though my dad is a complete bitch he deserves to have some of her too because he does love her a lot.

Darren picked me up and held me to his chest. He's been so physical since my mom died. More physical than what he originally was. He's sad that he didn't let me out sooner, I can just tell. This is his way of saying sorry without words. It's a comfort thing for him.

"Darling, I'm going to make you some soup okay?" Darren kisses my cheek

"Not hungry" I mumbled.

"You haven't eaten in days Mason, I'm not taking no for an answer this time"

Darren slip me off of his lap before he went to the kitchen. Stupid asshole. I don't want to eat, I'm not hungry.

I grabbed my blanket and made myself into a blanket burrito before following Darren into the kitchen. I know I should be mad at him and keep my distance but I'm scared to be alone. I held his hand as he made some soup. I wonder if he knows that I'm not going to eat it.

Darren let go of my hand and turned off the stove before storming into our room. Why is he upset? It's my mom who just fucking died.

I walked to our room and I opened the door to see Darren on the bed crying. I went over and sat on his lap snuggling into him.

"Darling I'm so fucking sorry, I never wanted you to be hurt by me but I just hurt you by forcing you to stay here and then watch your mom die" Darren hugged me tightly.

I looked up at him and kissed his chin.

"I'm sorry"

"At least I got to see her one last time. It's better than not seeing her at all" I gave him a forced smile.

"I love you" Darren kissed my cheek multiple times.

"I love you too" I gave him a small smile.

"Darling" Darren called for me.

I left the bedroom and followed where I heard his voice. He had a small smile on his face as he held up a small box. I ran up to him and grabbed the box.

Inside was two beautiful necklaces with my moms ashes. I put one on and stared at the other. How am I going to get this to my dad.

"You're too cute" Darren kissed my cheek.

"Can you take me to my dad so I can give him this?" I looked up at Darren.

"We will tomorrow after you go to school okay?"

"S-school?" I stuttered out.

"Yes darling, you're going back to school. I will drive you there and I will pick you up every day" he kissed me.

"Holy shit you're not dead?" Someone in my class came up to me as I sat at my desk.

"I-I ran-ran a-aw-way"

"Dude everyone has been looking for you"

"W-why?"

"Because you were a missing person? Also you look better, more cute" he winked at me before going back to his desk.

A huge blush went across my face and I hit my desk having a tic. I heard the guy chuckle at my reaction.

"Is something wrong Mason?" My teacher asked.

"N-no m-m-ma'am, ju-just a t-tic"

She nodded and continued writing stuff on the board. I looked over at the boy and he's chewing the aglet of his hoodie. He gave me another wink making me blush more and have another tic. I swear he's going to make me have a tic attack.

"So, Mason, where have you been staying, because it's clear that it wasn't on the streets or anything" the boy came up to me as I walked out of school.

"A-a friend" I looked around for Darren's car.

"Mason" I heard Darren honk his car horn.

"He's here to pick me up. Um, thanks for walking me out" I said without a stutter.

"Yeah, no prob. Oh um, my name's Hayden by the way" he gave me a smile.

"I-I'll see y-you-you around then"

Hayden was about to give me a hug but I quickly backed away from him.

"U-um, b-b-bye" I ran away.

"Darling who was that?" Darren asked as I got in his car.

"H-Hayden, I-I don't k-know him"

"You better not, you are mine do you understand? I am not afraid to go out and kill him if that's what it takes to make you stay with me"

I nodded and put my feet on the seat. Darren pulled out of the parking lot and started to take me to where my dad is.