9

*Mason*

"Are you ready to go darling?" Darren asked as I did my hair.

I nodded and made uppie arms. Darren smiled and picked me up. I kissed his cheek before leaving the house.

ITS SO FUCKING COLD WHAT THE HELL! How long have I been here?

"What month is it?" I asked Darren as he put me in his car.

"End of November" He answered kissing my lips.

Darren shut my door and he went around to his side to get in. I buckled myself in and he did to. I finally get to see my mom.

We arrived at the hospital and I ran inside and without even asking the front person this time I went straight to my moms room.

"Mom!" I opened the door.

My mom stared at me and she reached over to a button that calls a nurse. She started to spam click the thing.

"Mom" I dropped my bag going over to her giving her a hug crying.

"MrsRivera are you-Mason?" A nurse came in.

"I-I thought I was seeing things again, Mason is it really you my precious boy" my mom cried.

I nodded holding onto her more. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and stroked her hand.

"Darling, what did I tell you before you got out?" Darren came into the room.

"Who are you? You are not allowed to be in here." The nurse glared at Darren.

"Baby, did he hurt you, you can be honest with me" my mom whispered in my ear.

"N-no nothing like t-that. H-he took me in a-after last time I was here" I wiped my tears.

"Mason, you have been missing for a long time" the nurse paid attention to me.

"I-I know, I-I was scared to leave Darrens. T-the th-thought of-of me leaving scared me"

"Ma'am um, you're son has been really worried about you, at first I did make him stay inside afraid what his father would do to him, and by mistake I manipulated him thinking that just stepping a foot out would hurt him" Darren walked over. "It's my fault and I deeply apologize"

What the fuck? That is not what happened. You kidnap-oh wait, it's an act. Why did I forget that we were acting? It felt natural for me to be telling the lie.

"I-is d-d-dad coming?" I asked starting to shake.

"No baby, he's been arrested for a couple of weeks now"

"Darren did you hear that? I can go home without being scared" I jumped up.

"Yeah, I guess so" he gave a fake smile.

Is he not happy for me? I get to go home and not have to bother him anymore. Wait no fuck, of course he's not happy. I keep forgetting I'm kidnapped. Why am I forgetting?

It's been a few hours now and I told my mom how much I missed her and how Darren "took care" of me.

My mom started coughing and the life machine thing started beeping fast.

"M-m-mom?" I stuttered.

She didn't stop coughing. I quickly called for a doctor which didn't take long for one to get here.

"Mom p-please be okay" I started to cry.

"Darling what's happening?" Darren rushed in.

I watched the doctor and nurses take care of my mom. She can't go, I-I just got her back.

Darren put his hands over my eyes so I couldn't see anything. But I know what's happening, the heart monitor went flat.

"Mom" I walked over to her. "Please I need you, you're all I have"

"Darling" Darren hugged me from behind.

"ITS YOUR FAULT, YOU WOULDN'T LET ME SEE HER AND NOW SHES DEAD" I screamed at Darren punching him hard.

The nurses had to hold me back from hurting Darren more. He looks broken. It's all his fault. I could be working right now, helping my mom, getting an apartment, getting into college.

The drive back was silent, minus my crying and physical tics. We got to the house and Darren parked but he didn't budge.

"I'm sorry darling, I didn't...I didn't know she was going to..." Darren sounded like he wanted to cry.

I didn't speak. I want my mom back. I just want to talk to her more, hold her more. She was the best mom ever. I was even so cheesy that I got her a mug saying #1 mom.

"Come inside when you're ready" Darren kissed my head.

Before he got out of the car I grabbed onto his arm. He gave me a questioning look before I started hyperventilating. He quickly got out and got to my side.

Darren got me out of the car and helped me inside. I'm starting to get dizzy and nauseous. Everything feels not real. It's like I'm in a nightmare. Please let this be all fake. I don't want my mom to be dead. It can't be real.