Chapter 11

attendance 💕

-

Lura POV

"Okay so where are y'all going?" Mommy asked.

I was back at home getting ready for our date. He wouldn't tell me where we going either.

"I don't know, he said to be ready at noon cause we gon be gone all day. He said dress comfortable, but I still wanna be cute." I explained.

She walked into my closet and grabbed some black ripped up jeans. It was July so it was pretty hot outside. She help up a army green crop top. It had like puffy short sleeves and cut off right after my boobs.

"Okay that's cute." I grabbed it.

"And then wear these." She held up some black jelly sandals.

"My feet gon be hurting." I whined.

"Girl stop allat." Mir walked past my room.

"Boy leave my daughter alone." She yelled after him.

"AYE POPS YOU KNOW LURA GOING ON A DATE?" He yelled down the steps. I heard some footsteps and my daddy appeared at the door.

"With whom?" He panted.

"You don't listen Jay'shawn because she clearly said earlier her and Sula gon be gone all day." My mom slapped her knees.

"Anyia you shut the fuck up." He pointed at her.

Me and Mir looked at each other and pursed our lips. They had been going at it lately, it was always funny to me but it's been different lately.

"Boy fuck you get out my daughter room." She flicked him off.

"You lucky my seeds right here." He slammed the door walking out.

"Mommy what's going on wit y'all?" I asked.

"Lura I don't know, we been going at it ever since last week." She shrugged.

"Why?" I started curling my hair.

"Cause he got home late, and he wouldn't answer where he been at." She started off.

"And it's not like I don't trust him, that's my husband. But to be honest, I kinda made it seem like more than it was. I brought up shit from damn near 20 years ago. He got pissed off that I was pissed off, I don't know baby I don't." She ranted.

"You talking about y'all past?" I knew about everything that happened between them. It always came as a shock because Daddy was obsessed with her.

She nodded her head and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Where you feel like he was at?" I looked at her through my mirror.

"I would say the trap, but he mostly does shit from the house." She said.

I nodded my head and decided I was just gon ask him where he was. I don't care if I'm being nosey, I just wanted to know.

"Girl finished getting dressed, enough about this shit. Come see me before you leave." She walked out.

I finished my hair and put on some light makeup. There was a knock on my door and Mir tip toed in.

"You got tea?" I whispered turning my music up so they couldn't hear us.

"So Pops said she upset about where he was last week." I nodded my head listening.

"Where was he?" I asked.

"They 20th wedding anniversary coming up and he planning sum for it. He got her that Maybach truck and he planning a vowel renewal." I pouted hearing all of that.