Chapter 22

i feel as thought y'all kinda skipped over lu last chapter 😭 don't do my baby

-

Omniscient POV

"Your honor I object!" The prosecutor stood up.

Lura snapped her head on his direction squinting her eyes.

"On what terms?" The judge rubbed his temples.

"The evidence presented is falsified." He buttoned his jacket up more.

"Objection overturned, council continue." He waved on.

"Your honor I'd like to bring to the stand Allura Williams." Ms. Brown stood up.

"Granted." He sat back.

Allura stood up and walked towards the front. She sat down in the chair and pulled up her shirt.

"Swear to tell nothing but the truth." They set a bible in front of her.

"Yes." She placed her hands over it.

"Atta girl." Jay mumbled watching his daughter.

"So Allura, your relationship to my client?" Brown asked.

"He's my best friend." She crossed her leg.

"How long have you all known each other?" She furthered her question.

"All our lives." She nodded.

"So it's typical for him to be at your events?" The lawyer arched her eyebrows.

They had been over this a million times, there was no room for error.

"Yes, he's never missed one." She smiled.

"So when did you graduate?" She asked moving away from the defense table.

Syier tapped him fingers on the table watching over Allura. They connected eyes and he nodded, telling her she good.

"June 4th." She said.

"So what time did your cook-out start?" She asked again.

"4 pm." She cleared her throat.

"And ended about?" She shrugged walking around.

She was an amazing lawyer, the whole family had used her.

"9 officially, but different people were in and out all night." She nodded pursing her lips.

"No further questions your honor." She nodded and sat back in her chair.

"Prosecution?" The judge asked.

Regardless of Syiers guilt it was clear they had no evidence. That's why nobody was super worried, but with America's system it picked at their nerves.

"No cross examination your honor." They shook their heads knowing the case was pretty much over.

"Ma'am if you could step back." Allura nodded and walked back to her chair.

"Seeing as though best fit, I pronounce Syier Amari Smith not guilty." He slammed his gavel on the stool.

Lura let out a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. A wave of relief fell over her and she jumped up.

Syier nodded his head standing to his feet. He heard her heels click behind him and he turned around. She walked into his arms and he picked her up a tad twirling around.

"Told you we was gon be straight." He mumbled in her ear.

"Don't scare me like that no more." She held onto his neck.