Chapter 38

ima get em back straight eventuallyyyy

-

Omniscient POV

"Just one more hun." The physical therapist told Syier.

He pulled up on the bad before his arms went limp. He went down on the mat making Lura jump up. She ran over to him bending down looking at him.

"Bear you alright?" She asked him.

"Do I look fucking alright?" He fussed.

"I'm sorry, you're doing so good." She sighed.

He really had to regain his old body back. His movement and his overall health had declined.

"Get me up outta here cuhz." He smacked his lips.

She helped him up grabbing his crutch, he only needed one for his right leg. She gave it to him helping him balance.

"I'll go get the car." She mumbled walking out the double doors.

She breathed putting a bubble in her mouth so the tears wouldn't fall. She looked up at the sky before swallowing a lump in her throat.

"God please, I'm begging you give me strength." She sighed walking.

She needed to be strong, which she was. If she wasn't they wouldn't have even made it this far. She always felt like she wasn't enough but she held them together.

"Lemme talk to you son." The physical trainer told him.

She was a middle aged black woman. She was fit for her age, and was very passionate about her job.

"Wassup?" He took his crutch from up underneath him.

"Give that girl a break, you sucking her dry. She here every appointment helping you, and you don't do nothing but run her in the ground. Unless you want to lose her I suggest you make it right and quick." She preached.

Anybody could look at her and tell she was close to her breaking point. She was drained, and was putting in so much effort to get nothing back.

They fought and they made up, she couldn't stay mad at him for long. He'd tell her he was sorry, and that he loved her. It worked for a while, until she just stopped believing him.

She didn't believe his words anymore. She loved him of course, that's why she was still there. But it wasn't the same anymore. They weren't in love anymore, not like they were.

They both knew every couple went through stuff. That's why neither one was tripping and charged it to the game. But she was growing to resent him and everything that came with him.

"How?" He sighed.

"Put in the effort, nothing worth having is easy. Effort is gonna make or break you two. You love her and that's obvious, but you can't take her for granted right now." She told him before opening the door.

He was stubborn so he rarely used his crutch. He limped to the car before getting in. He set the crutch on the right side before she started the car back up.

They rode in silence before they both reached for the radio at the same time.

"Go ahead." She told him.

"Nah I'm straight." He told her making her shrug.

She turned on some light music and kept driving. It was around 4 o'clock so there was some light traffic. Not much though, and she strategically placed all his medical needs and facilities close.