◇Chapter 2◇

With a few blinks my eyes opened fully. I must have fallen asleep in the hiding room while I waited to get out. That time must have come for I was no longer in the hiding room but in someone's arms.

I looked up to see my mother was carrying me. Where to? I do not know but I didnt have much of a choice. If she wanted me to be somewhere awake or asleep ill be there.

I stayed in her arms for a few minutes longer before she brought me to a room. I recognized the room as my bedroom, I felt safe in there. Much safer than I did in the hiding room, even though the hiding room is supposed to keep me safe.

"You look tired small one," my mothers voice spoke calmed above me, "would you like to take a nap or have me brush your hair?" She asked while she brushed her hand through my knotted hair.

"Can you brush it please?" I asked thinking this would give me the opportunity to ask her about Mother Miranda.

Dimitrescu set me down easily onto the floor. She had to be extra careful givin the fact that I was much higher when she carried me compared to if anyone else did. I stood for a moment and watched her sit down in a chair that was at the end of my bed.

"Come now," she patted her dress for me to sit.

I sat down on her lap, I am a younge adult but when she does this I look and feel like a small child. She took a brush out of a drawer close to us. She began to brush through my hair gently while humming a tune.

I recognized the tune, it was an older song probably from her time. Each time the brush touched my head I would get flashbacks and memories of hearing Mother Miranda speaking. I couldnt tell my mother that I listened so I had to get the truth out of her some other way.

"Did you have a mother?" I asked hoping Mother Miranda would come up in her words.

"My mother was a intense woman," she chuckled behind me, "she never played games and was always serious. Everyone listened to her but I always wanted to be in control in stead of her."

"So what happened?" I asked out of curiosity.

"She died and left me to inherit this castle," she spoke.

"Did you have any other mentors after her?"

"No," dimitrescu said faster than her other responses, "I was left on my own since."

As much as I wanted to believe her words something was telling me they weren't true. I have to find out who Mother Miranda is, even if it kills me. She has to be out there somewhere, I just have to find where.

"Now," mother put the brush down, "lets get you to bed."

I slid off of her lap and landed onto the floor. She stood up and walked me over to the bed, I got in and wrapped myself in blankets.

"I love you small one," dimitrescu kissed my forehead.

"I love you too mom." I said before she left, turning off the lights and shutting the door behind her.

I will get out of this castle and find answers. I know its dangerous out there but I have to find out why I'm different than the rest of my family.

~○~

After about an hour of waiting I decided I needed to leave now. I got up and grabbed a jacket knowing it would be cold. I got my shoes on and left my room into a hallway.

It was easy to tell where mother is but my sisters could easily find me so I had to be careful. I walked through the main hall knowing it was dangerous but a good way to get where I wanted to go as fast as I could.

"What are you doing up?" A voice made me jump, "and why are you dressed like that?"

I turned slowly to see Cassandra watching me with curiosity, "Ok fine, I'm going to try and find answers for who I am." I said hoping she would let me pass.

"You're leaving the castle? That's suicide," Cassandra took a step closer to me, "you wouldn't make it out there, just stay home."

"Cassandra I want to stay home... but I just can't live without knowing why I'm like this." I replied.

She looked away for a moment before Turing to attention back to me, "fine but if you see a monster kill it with this," she placed a hand scythe in my palm, "be careful, its sharp."

"Thank you sister." I held the weapon in my hand.

"Go now, try to be back by morning." Cassandra let me leave the castle.

I went through a side door in the castle and had to lower a small bridge to get out. Once the bridge was down I walked out into the freezing temperature. Snowflakes fell over my jacket and face. My sisters couldn't stand the cold, we always kept it warm inside so being out in the snow was a difficult task for me.

I walked down a path away from the castle just to find a big door in my way. I tried pushing it but it wouldn't budge, must have been locked from the other side.

I swore to myself knowing that the door was the only way to get out but without a way around it I was trapped here.

I turned to leave but when I got only a few steps away from the door I heard loud bangs. I jumped at the sound and looked up to see birds flying away above me. What ever that sound was, I'm sure it was dangerous.

I stood in silence for a few minutes waiting for another sound. Instead of the bangs I heard something else.

A new sound appeared behind the door but this one was much quiter and also a lot closer. I got closer to the door but jumped away from it when the middle slightly opened. The sound was something opening the door from the other side.

I grabbed my hand scythe Cassandra gave me and held it up in the air ready to defend myself from whatever was going to come through that door.

~○~
A/N
Who do you think is on the other side of the door?
I'm having a lot of fun writing this story