◇Chapter 9◇

After many many stairs all the way down to the ground floor of the castle i found myself in front of a pedestal with a weird yellow jar sitting on top. The jar looks like it was covered in dirt and dust. Must have been here a long time.

I picked up the square jar and noticed a label was on the side. Using my hand to dust it off I read what might get Ethan out of the castle.

'Rosemary Winters

Head'

I remembered back when I first met Ethan and he told me about these jars. If this jar held the head of his daughter I can understand why he was so on edge this entire time.

I held onto the jar tightly and watched the wall in front of me lift up. Exiting with something of value felt nice for once but this isn't over yet.

Once outside I quickly grasped onto where I was and walked around the castle back to the door I had went through the first time I escaped the castle.

I walked in to hear nothing. It was completely silent unlike before. Fear struck me realizing someone must be dead for it to be this quiet after the fight that was happening not to long ago. I ran into the main hall to see no one there.

"Y/N?" A swarm of bugs appeared around me.

"Daniela? Where is everyone?" I quickly recognized the red hair.

"Mother is going after the man thing." Belas voice appeared as she did through the bugs.

"She wouldn't if he left the castle," I said confused.

"He didnt." Cassandra appeared along with her sisters and pointed behind me where the locked door with statues was.

All of the statues were risen out of the ground the door was wide open with four small flames over it. "He went in there ?" I asked as I have never been there.

"We cant go, its cold." Cassandra said with a worried undertone.

"I can go," I walked forward just to be stopped by Daniela.

"You cant... its too dangerous," she pleaded for me to stay.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." I smirked back at my sisters and went forward to the now opened door.

Once I pushed through I found myself outside, looking up a small staircase to a giant building that looked like it was a church.

"Time to find what mother was hiding..." I walked up the few steps and went inside the church.

"You've ruined everything!" I stepped in to hear my mother yelling.

I took a closer look to see she had her claws fully extended and Ethan was being held up by his neck. I thought it was strange he wasn't struggling until I saw it.

There was a dagger in his hands, not just any dagger but one laced with many poisons. I have only heard stories of it and never thought it actually existed. My mother could handle many wounds but that dagger would most definitely kill her if not mutate her.

"Wait!" I yelled out hoping Ethan wouldn't continue forward.

Dimitrescu took her attention off of Ethan and looked back at me, dropping him onto the floor. Ethan had the dagger held tightly in his hands.

He looked at my mother and held his fist high, ready to strike her with the poisonous blade. "Ill drop it..." I held the rose jar in my hands. I had the tips of my fingers holding on ready to drop it if he didn't oblige.

Luckily I was able to catch ethans attention when he saw the yellow square jar. "Just please, drop the dagger."

Dimitrescu moved to the side once she realized he had the dagger in his hands. She moved away out of his reach and once he dropped the dagger I held the jar tightly so i wouldn't drop it.

"Give me that jar..." Ethan sounded worried seeing it was in my hands.

"I will," I spoke calmly hoping this encounter would end better than the last one, "just don't hurt my family."

Ethan walked slowly towards me, "We're going to walk to the door and you're going to leave ok?" I said worried he would do something out of line.

He nodded and we slowly walked out of the church and back into the castle. I kept my eyes on him the entire time as we walked to the door of the castle.

Once we got there Ethan opened the door and I slowly put the jar in his hands and watched as he went to walk away.

"Sorry for shooting you," he said as I started to close the door, "and thank you."

"You deserve to be with your daughter." I smiled before shutting the door all the way so no more of the cold wind got in.

Once the door was shut I turned to see my mother. She had a different expression than I thought she would. I expected to see either happy or mad but I saw something else entirely.

"Whats wrong?" I asked seeing a fearful expression on my mothers face.

"Hes gone... with the rose jar... and we're still alive." She spoke.

"So?" I was concerned for I don't think I've ever seen her like this.

"Mother Miranda will come to us." Her face went whiter than it already was.

"Who is that?" I asked knowing little of who this Mother Miranda person actual is.

"No time," mother walked away and I followed, "we have to leave." She said loudly as we walked into the main hall.

Bugs showed up all around us and my three sisters appeared.

"Leave? Why?" Cassandra started the questioning.

"We cant leave, its cold outside." Bela spoke soon after.

"Anywheres safer than here," mother spoke, "Daniela, go get a large blanket. We have to be gone before she arrives."

"Yes mother." Daniela disappeared into bugs and flew off to a bedroom.

I looked around the room and everyone left in it had the same worry ridden face.

~○~

A/N
Hey there
Wow 2 chapters tonight!
I dont have much to say as usual but I hope you all have a wonderful day♡