◇Chapter 15◇

"The last Rose jar is just on the other side of these houses according to the map," Ethan and I looked over the village that had a green substance layered around it, "you could go back with your family, this is my fight."

"I know I could have but I feel connected with rose," I spoke even though I knew Ethan wouldn't understand, "we were both effected by Mother Miranda and I still feel as though its my fault everything went bad in this village."

"Lets not dwell on the past," Ethan started walking and I moved forward with him, "we should move on..."

Ethan was cut off by a monster jumping out of the bushes and grabbing onto his leg. The beast was big and crawled on its hands and knees almost like a humanized wolf.

Ethans handgun fell away from him and right to my feet. Thinking quickly I grabbed it and shot at the monsters face. The wolf didn't seem to care about the bullets but one bullet went straight into its eye and made it stumble back just enough for Ethan and I to run into a nearby house.

We dove face first into the small house right before the wolf crashed with the doorframe. Luckily it was too big to fit through but it still reached in and scratched around hoping to get us.

I panted and laid on the ground almost regretting my decision to go with Ethan. "Need a hand?" I looked up to see Ethan held his hand out to me.

I took it and he lifted me back on to my feet. I brushed off some dirt that covered my clothing and looked up to see the beast give up on us and walk away.

"What are you going to do now?" I questioned Ethan as I handed him back his gun.

"Well we can either try to kill it or we can run around it." He replied.

"How much ammo do you got?" I looked at all the guns strapped to him.

"It should be enough." Ethan looks over his ammo situation.

I slowly moved over to the doorway with the claw marks covering it from the wolf. I walked out to feel the cold wash over my face

My eyes searched around the land to see nothing but the houses, "its gone...?" I whispered and jumped when I saw Ethan standing closer to me that I thought he had been.

"Its hiding somewhere," Ethan took a step out into the snow, "come on we can't wait here all day."

I obliged and followed him out into the open again. We walked slowly and stayed on guard each step.

I walked until Ethan completely stopped making me run into him, "the bush is moving..." he turned his head slightly to whisper to me while also keeping his eyes on the bush.

"Tberes a place we can hide there." I whispered and pointed to the next house that had a hole leading under the house.

Ethan grabbed his gun and held it up at the moving bush. We both stepped closer to the opening. Each step seemed loud in the crunchy snow but it had to be done.

The bushes stopped moving, making me shake in fear knowing that means the creature had eyes on us. We stopped moving as well hoping for the small chance it doesn't see us.

Grey fur jumped out of the bush and made Ethan shoot his gun in instinct. The bullet missed as the small creature revealed itself to be a rabbit that scampered away from us.

I put my guard down for a second realizing we were safer than we thought but just as I realized we don't know where the wolf is a deep growl startled me.

I quickly look over to see the large wolf creeping close to us from out of the bushes right next to us. It was close enough that when the large beast breathed out I could feel the hot air brush up against me.

"Run!" I panicked as Ethan dragged my frozen solid body into a running position away from the beast.

It growled and charged after us with its large teeth biting at our legs. Ethan was first to dive into the small box shaped hole and I followed him in.

Before I made it all the way, the beast grabbed onto my ankle and tried ripping me away from the hole. I grabbed onto the sides of the wall trying to pull myself back in but the beast was stringer than I was.

Ethan grabbed his handgun and started shooting at the wolf but it didn't even budge. The sharp fangs went deeper and deeper into my soft skin and made my blood spill out all over the bright white snow.

I used my other leg to kick at its face but no matter how hard I kicked it seemed to keep dragging. Eventually my arms gave out and I fell on the ground and got dragged away from safety. Though snow is soft, there was also a lot of showing mud which felt like sand paper on my freshly cut skin.

Everything we went past I tried to grab but no matter what I grabbed, it was to small or to slippery for me to get a good hold on it. Soon enough the wolfs teeth went straight through my bone, making what was left holding my leg together get ripped off the rest of my body. I screamed in pain as my blood rushed out of my body and onto the already wet ground.

Instead of going after my leg, the beast hovered over me and opened its wide mouth. Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked into the dark mouth of the monster. The rotting blood ridden breath burned my nose I clenched my eyes shut before a loud sound overcame my ears.

I opened my eyes to see the beast was thrown back but something powerful. I looked up to see Ethan with a shotgun moving forward and pumping more lead into the beast.

Even though Ethan was winning the fight, I had lost mine.

To much blood had left my leg and my eyesight started to shake and darken.

Numbness washed through my limbs as I drifted off into a forever rest while listening to my name being called out by Ethan.

Darkness was the only thing I could sense.

~○~

A/N
Hey there
So this was a pretty fun chapter and I have such big plans for the next chapter just you wait